We chose this hotel for it's proximity to so many "San Francisco" experiences and were not disappointed. Although the hotel lacks some of the upscale amenities, the rooms were very comfortable, clean and reasonably priced for the area. In-room coffee & safe were appreciated. Most of the folks manning the concierge desk were knowledgeable and I can't say enough about the check-in experience. I arrived VERY early and they were incredibly accommodating.
We didn't eat in the hotel as there were other nearby choices -- I "second" the suggestion to try Rosanne's for breakfast.
The Fairmont is located just across the street...Everybody needs to go for a cocktail in the Tonga Room!
The Mark Hopkins Intercontinental is next door...go for a cocktail and spectacular city views from the Top of the Mark.
Cable cars stop on the corner. Chinatown is an easy walk. Taxi to the Ferry Terminal bldg & wharf was less than $10.
The only unpleasant part was a Vice Presidential visit while we were there (next door at Mark Hopkins). Security had the street blocked off and we were not able to access the hotel for several hours. Minor inconvenience and certainly not the fault of our hotel. We chose to head for the bar at the Sir Francis Drake (also within walking distance) and waited it out. Fantastic time! (Try the "Pete Moon")
Although we were not traveling with a pet; this hotel is pet friendly & we enjoyed visiting with the dogs!
We heard this hotel had recently been sold and wouldn't continue as a Renaissance property. Unconfirmed...but worth the inquiry if you're traveling on Marriott points.
One last thought -- we were on the 4th floor (facing courtyard) with windows that still open to allow fresh air into the room. Quite a luxury as the weather was crisp & excellent for a good night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance