This hotel was our first stop on a tour of California. It is nicely located on Powell Street (albeit at the top of a rather steep hill) which as other reviewers have pointed out makes Union Square and Chinatown easily accessible. The location is really pretty good apart from the hike back but this is San Francisco after all. The hotel itself is nice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room we were given was nice with a large bed and flatscreen tv. We had an inward facing room which only had a view of the other side of the hotel which was a little disappointing but didn't ask to be moved. The bathroom was nice and spacious but the shower left a bit to be desired. Our room was located on the 8th floor which was probably a reason for the poor water pressure in the shower but it was also located directly underneath a noisy fan of some description that was rather annoying through the night. The major downfall of this hotel is the $14.95 cost of using the wi-fi for 24 hrs. I can see why it is charged for but i personally don't agree that it should be chargeable in this day and age when paying such a lot to stay in a hotel. If you need to use the wi-fi nip down to any of the Starbucks which are on almost every corner and use the free wi-fi there and keep your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the new Stanford Court! We are excited to share our multi-million dollar transformation that includes updates & revamps that transcend to our lobby, café , bar, porte-cochere, & fitness center. Guided by the design concept of "where tomorrow meets yesterday," the newly renovated Stanford Court integrates Nob Hill's grand history with the innovative and tech-focused spirit of today's San Francisco. Expect cool graphics, a new modern color palette and nods to our past. Our new 1500 square foot Fitness Center features state of the art equipment including interactive Kinima stations offering personalized workouts and floor-to-ceiling windows that fill the space with natural light and views of the famed cable cars. As always, guests will find their stay here enhanced with inspiring innovations, sophisticated technology, and a taste of the Bay Area's cultural connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance