Stanford Court San Francisco
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$175
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$252
$227
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$189
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$241
$206
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$434
$319
$194
  • Pool
5,034 results
All reviewsnob hillgreat locationunion squarecable car linescalifornia streetgrace cathedralmark hopkinsshower headvery nice hotelbusiness tripbed was very comfortableenjoyed my stayfisherman's wharfvalet parkingthe financial districtfew blocksstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Decent place to stay. Nice location at the top of Nob Hill. Just a few blocks from Union Square and China town. If you plan on doing a lot of coming and going to/from the hotel, i recommend getting the Muni pass which gives you unlimited street car rides. Which other wise are $6 for one-way.
My room was 503. No view to speak of. Decent room. Queen size bed slept very well. Nothing fantastic about the room. We ate breakfast at the hotel on one occasion. I thought the menu was a bit lacking, and expensive. I had a croissant egg and bacon sandwich for $17. We got there way before check-in but the hotel will hold your bags. So that was a plus. We arrived at SFO on Friday morning about 1100am. Took a taxi from SFO to the airport cost $51. On the way back, because of a road race. We took a taxi to Powell street BART station, and then the train straight to SFO. $6 for the taxi, $20 for 2 train tickets. Took about 30 minutes. Trains run every 20 minutes.

Room Tip: I have no tips to choose a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel was a comfortable place to return to after a busy day sightseeing in an amazing city. The location was convenient for Union Square, China Town, Fisherman's Wharf and the piers - it's located on the top of a steep hill though - so you'll want a sit down when you get back for the day!

We found the rooms and decor clean and comfortable - but we've had much better for the price we paid.

Whilst many of the staff were very pleasant, we didn't feel particularly welcomed at check in by a dismissive, distracted colleague. It was also hard work finding a member of staff to help us retrieve bags we'd stored with them as we'd arrived early.

A fine hotel to stay at if you'll be out and about a lot - but outside of location, nothing that made us think this should be pushed into the "very good" category.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It is a very nice hotel, don't get me wrong, but there are just a few wrongs in the room that prevent me from giving this place a 5.

The location is great, right atop Nob Hill. It is a big property with a very nice drive-through area to drop off luggage and the sort. Door-men, beautiful lobby, very very very nice staff, nice restaurant, nice looking property.

The bedroom half of the room is very nice. Very modern, very clean, but space is a little tight, but it was ok for me. It was pretty hard to find plugs around the bed. Besides the fact that one side of the bed doesn't have them, the other half of the bed has them so hard to find (very odd arrangement and they blend in with the color of the wall). Would be nice if they made them more clear. Other than that, the room was very comfortable and I slept well. I was facing the inner courtyard which was very quiet.

The bathroom is where things went a bit south. It would be better for them to get rid of the division between the sinks and the toilet/shower area. It just seems out of place, and for a city where space is a premium, you feel bottled in. The toilet is similar to those in public restrooms, which normally isn't a problem considering that the Huntington Hotel has them too, but they were certainly not as nicely kept as those in the Huntington. Sure they are clean, but the metal could use some polishing, so too could the porcelain. And then the shower...The shower head wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so SHORT! It is designed like a human arm (to get an idea, just stick your arm out and make it like a cobra snake standing up and that is the shower head). It can go back and forth and the head can go up and down. I am just about 6' tall and the shower head only went up to my mouth. My friend has the same exact shower head, but it at least goes ABOVE my head. Perhaps people were a lot shorter when this shower was designed? Who knows. It would be one thing if I was Shaq and complaining, but I am pretty normal height.

Would I stay here again? No. The shower is just too important for me - I need a shower that goes above my head, or at least one that is detachable.

Room Tip: Make sure to tell cab drivers you are staying at the Stanford Court. It is odd - it is a Marriott property and you buy rooms through that site, but the cab drivers know it at The Stanford Court.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Situated 3 blocks up from Union Square, take your flat shoes. Good location, easy access to shopping areas, the bay, China Town. Attentive staff, reception and lobby area a little dull due to lack of natural light. Room comfortable and spacious, I had an inside room that looked on to the court yard a little difficult to judge the weather and no real view, though the advantage was quiet.

Room Tip: Quiet internal rooms but no view as looks out on cortyard
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Renaissance is a great hotel offering a great place to stay while on business in San Francisco. The staff are friendly and attentive and the property is noticeably upgraded. For Marriott Rewards members, there is a great lounge with views of the skyline. A couple negatives: the hotel is at the top of Nob Hill... You'll get a workout no matter which direction you're going; lastly, I had issues with reliability of the wifi.

Request a corner room and enjoy your visit,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business