“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Really nice hotel, very clean, and the room is updated and roomy, and the bed is heavenly! Everyone we encounterd from the valet, front desk and bartender was really friendly and you can tell service is very important to this hotel. We had breakfast before leaving the next morning and our waiter was very nice and efficient, even though he was really busy, and there is another worker who keeps your table clean and removes the dirty dishes right away. And the location is really great, so close to Chinatown and you can walk to the Wharf as well, but it's kind of far. We cabbed it back to avoid the intense steep incline on the way back, but the view from the top of the hill is really cool. And the price was really great for this kind of hotel and we were asked if we wanted to upgrade upon checking in for $20, which we readily agreed. It was worth it, the view was great, you could see the bay and enjoy all the street life too. Great place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CampingKatie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first time at this hotel and I would stay here again. I think it was a good value compared to other similar priced hotels in the city. Very comfortable room. Great location to walk to Union Square, downtown, etc.. Good service. Hallways seemed a little tired, i.e. carpeting but room was quite nice. I could hear the bathroom in the room next door so not the quietest hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Thie was my first stay at the Renaissance Stanford Court and I loved it. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly from the moment I stepped onto the property. Every staff member who passed me greeted me and welcomed me throughout my stay. The gentleman who checked me in was very helpful, friendly, and professional. He offered me a bay view room, but was kind enough to warn me that it's above the cable car line which starts running early in the morning and can be a bit loud. I wasn't concerned about the sound and was glad I took the room with the beautiful view. The noise was not at all disturbing. The rooms have the old world charm to them, but don't lack in the all of the comfort and modern ammenities expected from the Renaissance. The bed was so comfortable, the bathroom large and well appointed. The location can be a bit of a challenge particularly if you tend to walk while traveling. The short 4 block walk down the hill to Union Square is not bad, but the walk back up the hill is pretty challenging. When I arrived with my luggage, I took a cab up to the hotel from Union Square which was a good decision. Walking up the hill would have been really difficult if lugging you baggage. The great view of the bay from my room definitely made up for the walk. My stay at this property was excellent and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who is not put off by the steep walk up Powell Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kirkc338
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just returned from a pleasant stay at the Stanford Court. My daughter and I had both booked stays for the same dates. Unfortunately, we unknowingly canceled the reservation with 2 queen beds and kept the reservation with a king bed. On arrival we were told that only king bed rooms were available. We had stayed here less than a year ago and were pleased with our room accommodations which is why we decided to book here again. The room we were assigned on this trip was too small for the two of us. Upon calling the front desk, Benjamin instantly remedied the situation. Benjamin was a great help throughout our stay. A few days after departing I realized due to canceling the original reservation, my MHG number was not assigned to my folio. I spoke with Doug in accounting who issued the points immediately. Many thanks to Benjamin and Doug. We also enjoy the location of this property and the workout on the "hill." Planning to return again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a great location, near everything downtown (including a street car stop on the corner). Be aware that it is on the hill, so it is a climb if you are walking back.

The rooms are clean and the staff is outstanding. They paid attention to my Marriott status, and worked to find me exactly what I had asked for. The entry and lobby are very cool, and the food is great with an ambience in the restaurant that is tres cool.

I would stay here again over other downtown locations, but watch your rate. By the Way I have heard complaints about parking if you bring a car. It is sky high in $$$. I suggest you use the street cars, your feet and the Uber Taxi system (google it) if you are going to be there. Far cheaper and more entertaining too.

Stay off the California street side, a courtyard view is nothing but the interior, but I personally like the quiet it afforded me. One last note, the rooms are ample, but a bit narrow - they are all like that, I came to really appreciate it, despite some hallway noise that is picked up by the configuration.

Thanks to the team there, it was a great business stay - I appreciate your hospitality.

Room Tip: Stay off the street side, take a courtyard over a "view" unless it is a bay side view if y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Hotel is perfectly located for a city trip but it's nothing special. They wanted to give us a dark room with a small bed. After we complained we got a bigger one with two queen size beds. Internet should be free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aberdeen
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We paid $300 dollars a night to stay at the renaissance hotel and was expecting something fantastic. The receptionist said she gave us a lovely little corner room, which actually meant dark with one small window and in a terrible shape that made it very cramp so beware if you get told that one. The carpets are hiddious and made the rooms so old, the bathroom had a funny smell, really the hotel was very tired. We were on the executive floor so got into the lounge for breakfast, never enough seats for everyone and often had to wait in a queue for people to leave. In saying that breakfast was good.
However in saying all this I seen pictures of other hotels of San Fran on the internet and they all look just as bad inside so maybe best out of a bad bunch, not sure why they have such terrible décor. Just expect more for my buck.
A plus side is that you couldn't ask for a better location, just a small walk to Union square and china town and north beach on the other side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple