“Great location and staff”

Stanford Court San Francisco
Ranked #66 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent one night mid-week for business travel. Location was great--within walking distance to the financial district (all downhill). My room was clean and in excellent condition. Service was excellent--at check-in I was offerred a complimentary bottle of chilled water and I was able to obtain a complimentary ride to the financial district the day I checked out (so I didn't have to wheel my suitcase down the hill). I will definitely use this hotel for business travel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear frugalshopper_9,

Thank you for your comments. I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. I am glad the location of our hotel worked out so well for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,879)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Stanford Court is a great location on Nob Hill, out of the hub bub of the financial district or Fisherman's Wharf. Our eight floor room had a great view of the narby Fairmont and harbor beyond. Rooms were very nice, although hall carpet needs to be replaced. Service in all areas of the hotel was excellent - from doormen and wait staff to registration personnel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an exterior view. Some rooms look onto an interior courtyard - they do have the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Fun2020fun,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to be so centrally located in San Francisco. We are just minutes away from so many great places to discover. I am so glad you enjoyed the view from the room as well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location with easy access to most places of interest in San Francisco, its yellow interior works well and the staff are exceptional but the hotel is pricey now and looking tired in some areas.The price of the Breakfast is extortionate and so is the Internet. I've stayed here twice before. I doubt if I will come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear RayJ50,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that the location of our hotel worked out so well for you and that our staff were so accommodating. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hotel is beauiful, location is fantastic and the service is amazing! Kudo's to Edgar and John in the lounge for excellent service, and great conversation! Just what you would expect from a class A hotel! If you plan on visiting San Francisco you should consider staying at this Marriott Hotel. The rooms are lovely. The only downside to our stay was the restaurant for breakfast. It is very expensive and the service was not very good. Other than that, the stay was great.

1  Thank tahoek

Dear Tahoek,

Thank you for your comments. I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my go-to hotel in SF and I'm here 3-4 times per year. I love that the staff recognizes me and in general are very kind and attentive. Views can be great so be sure to ask for one. You are very close to Union Square, but BEWARE if you have a hard time with walking. You are on Knob Hill so to get from Union Square (or anywhere in SF for that matter) you will have to climb a steep slope. Be prepared to take a taxi or cable car. The Powell Street cable car runs from Union Square and stops right in front of the hotel so that is a good option. I always get a good nights sleep here. The rooms are comfortable and at this point it feels like home away from home. Decor isn't the most hip or new, but it works. They have a pretty good bar and restaurant that are a little more trendy. They always seem to do a good busines. Be sure to hit Nob Hill Cafe on Taylor. Its about a three block walk with the first block uphill.

Dear HeathCalabasas_CA,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I am sure others will find your review very helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spend about 150 days on the road each year and I am lucky enough to spend about a month at this Renaissance hotel. The service is stellar, the food is fantastic. They grow their own herbs. Several room choices to accommodate your needs. Great location atop of Nob Hill, you can walk to most tourist spots within 30 minutes. Whether it is Dwayne or Josh up front, Steve & Todd at the desk, Kirk or Ramon in Aurea, Ana up in the Concierge Lounge, you will always be treated with kindness! I hope the rest of the staff forgives me for not mentioning them.

I proposed to my girl this trip and they have done nothing but make us feel wonderful!

After you stay at the Stanford Court you will forever be spoiled. There you have been, and there you will long to return!

Room Tip: Corner Suites provide a great view! Every bed is wonderful though. Sadly there is no pool..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelSox_Twitter

Dear TravelSox_Twitter,

Congratulations on your engagement!! I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Stanford Court several times when in San Francisco. It is in a great location, cablecar runs in front, walking distance to Chinatown and the Financial District.

The hotel has an updated lobby and good concierge lounge and fitness center. The service is efficient. The rooms have been nicely updated but vary in layout dramatically (from small to expansive). The rooms seem a little dated and small

Dear Oswego,

I am glad that the location of our hotel worked out so well for you. Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our lobby, concierge lounge, and our 24 hour fitness center. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.