Stayed here for 5 days with 6th floor room that overlooked the interecting cable cars tacks. Some folks have felt these rooms are too noisy but for me, this was an excellent hotel. Make sure you go next door for a cocktail at the Top Of The Mark in the Mark Hopkins hotel, eat at Nob Hill Cafe, take the Powell cable car down to Fisherman's Wharf for a Irish coffee at the Beuna Vista. Check out Coit Tower late at night for incredible views of the Alacatraz, Golden Gate Bridge and the "lights of the city" NOW I get what Journey was singing about.
See John at the hotel bar as he is the best manager I ever encountered....he has big-time personality.
Cable cars stop at 11:30pm and shame on you if arent still out on the town....noise problem solved. Things get surprisingly quite after Midnight or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance