I've stayed at the Stanford Court 3 times in the past 10 years, most recently in February 2008. The hotel perches atop Nob Hill, next door to the famed Fairmont. Rooms are comfortable and the staff is tremendously accommodating. The location is midway between Union Square, the San Francisco financial district and the waterfront area. Chinatown is a few blocks away and the Powell Street cable car line is steps from the front door.
At the time of my February 2008 visit, the Stanford Court was undergoing renovation, scheduled for completion in Summer 2008. The renovation will be welcome, because furnishings have grown a bit dated and changes are needed to return the property to peak condition. As a result, my usual 5 star review has been downgraded to 4 stars, with the expectation that the renovation will give the hotel its usual 5 when complete.
The Stanford Court is quiet and dignified-- great for business and leisure travelers who want a classic property that offers a comfotable stay with understated elegance and hospitality. Here is hoping that the 2008 renovation will add to the luster of the Stanford Court-- from the plans posted for guests, this seems likely to be the case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance