“Here's to the Marriott Reward Program” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanford Court San Francisco

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Stanford Court San Francisco
Ranked #51 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Here's to the Marriott Reward Program”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I went to San Francisco and booked a room at this hotel with my Marriott Rewards. What more could you want for free! The hotel staff was very helpful during our stay providing great information and recommendations. The hotel room was very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay.

If you travel frequently I would strongly recommend the Marriott Reward Program. I have used the program to book a room three times now and each time I am treated so well!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Noodlechecker,

Thank you for your comments. I am so happy to hear our staff and hotel were so accommodating. The Marriott rewards program is a great way to earn free night stays at some amazing properties. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We got a good deal in this place ,and although its not a 5 stars hotel for the rate that we paid which was a bit under $200 per day it was pretty good! Staff was really friendly and helpful, room was really neat although it was a bit small but overall I would definitely stay here again. The only thing that bothered me was the parking rates $46 plus $6 tax per day but I think parking in sf is pretty expensive anyways. good experience overall

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Sandy Z
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Sandy Z,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room. I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I could not imagine staying in a better room for the price. We brought our daughters and ended up getting an adjoining corner room with a view of California/Powell. The front desk kindly asked if the cable car noise would bother us before we checked in (since the rooms were facing the city and apparently some guests complain about the noise). The cable cars shut down around 11pm-ish and start back up around 6:30ish. If a traveler has a need to sleep prior to 11pm-ish (e.g., business or children that wake easily with noise), I would probably not recommend the city-facing rooms. My husband has also stayed here during business trips and was not bothered by the cable car noise. The city view is amazing. The service is amazing. The only thing you might not experience here that you would with a 5* hotel is the concierge service. The hotel staff definitely went out of its way to make appropriate reservations, but didn't have the expertise of a 5* hotel staff to make appropriate recommendations (we had to come up with most of our own selections).

My husband and I gave our daughters the bigger room (as they had a fold-out bed they had to put in the room). The room my husband and I stayed in was definitely quite small. Both views were amazing. I can't imagine a better value - even if staying in one of the smaller rooms.

If you are hoping to walk around the city (vs. cab/driving), note that the hotel is at the top of a very steep hill, so anywhere you go will involve a certain amount of "exercise."

Room Tip: City views are amazing, but will experience cable car noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CStewy
Dear CStewy,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed the views from your room. We do feel that we offer a great value given our central location and facilities, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This was actually where my husband and I ended up after a horrible night at the Ritz down the block. He is a platinum member with Marriott so the treatment (high floor and club room access) are great pluses not available to marriott members at the Ritz. The staff was friendly, room was clean, location was great - along the trolley route and blocks away from chinatown.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_REN_SF, Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Nyc_chickie,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that our staff was so accommodating and that you enjoyed your room. We are very fortunate to be centrally located in San Francisco. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to San Francisco.
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Staff was great (marriott usually is) the hotel was clean and in a good location. The rooms are very small. We were upgraded and I'd hate to see what a regular room looks like. Coffee in lobby is weak (there is a coffee shop across the street though so that's where we went)
Little noisy from the trolly.

Oh and $50 for parking... Watch it.

Room Tip: Parking is $50 per day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carmamarie
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Carmamarie,

Thank you for your comments. I can not wait to share your kind words with our staff. We are also very lucky to be so centrally located in San Francisco. Although our parking rate is considered high, we do have the most affordable parking on Nob Hill and similar to other hotels in San Francisco. Thank you again for adding your experience.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here in December 2012, for four nights in one of the top floor rooms ('skyline view', they're called). I was arriving after a work trip on the peninsula so by the time I arrived I was worn out and feeling harassed, which is exactly when you need a nice place to stay.

My room was lovely and quiet (never heard a sound the whole time there) and the view is good- for my particular room the whole bay view was a bit blocked by the tall building in front, but I imagine some of the others aren't. Very comfortable room and a good size.

As other reviews mention the hotel is up the top of a hill, but I thought staying in a nice neighbourhood like Nob Hill would be preferable to being, say, down the hill on Union Square where it's louder and more crowded. And this turned out to to be the case- and the hill really doesn't have to be a big deal, because two different cable cars go that way (one of them up california street).

The bar/restaurant is nice, and for a solo traveller good because it isn't just all regular tables- plenty of sofas you can just perch on with a book, or at the bar. The lady at the front desk recommended a restaurant which turned out to be great- 'Nob Hill Cafe', and that's only a couple of blocks away.

I thought for $199 a night, to have a lovely quiet room like that, with a view, a good size, in a nice neighbourhood, was a bargain. (my frame of reference is Manhattan). Will definitely stay here again if I return to San Francisco.

Room Tip: Get one of the skyline rooms - only $50 a night more and you get a nice view. And they're top fl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ejoch
Dear Ejoch,

Thank you for your comments. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review was very informative and I am sure other users with find it very helpful. Thank you again for adding your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

The location high atop Nob Hill is beautiful, and fitting for the likes of the Fairmont, the Huntington, the Mark Hopkins, the Ritz-Carlton, and the Stanford Court Hotel, a Marriott Renaissance property. This was my first stay at the Stanford Court, and it won't be my last. It is from here on my first choice in SF.

The staff are accommodating and professional without being pushy or obsequious. The fake service environment encountered everywhere from banks to big box stores to medium tier hotels is nauseating. When you see it done right, it makes it all the better.

The bar is elegant, and the staff were patient with our group, given that it was our "last call" stop for the night. The furniture, atmosphere, selection, and service are outstanding.

The room I had was a tad behind the times, not much, just a tad, but it also wore its decoration with dignity. Same for the perhaps slightly more dated yellow patterned hall carpet. There is a dignity to the place that connotes a lack of self-consciousness, a lack of pretentiousness, and instead a connection to the timeless elegance of high service quality.

For a perfect night, make hotel reservations here, and dinner reservations at the Big Four up at the Huntington.

Room Tip: I love the sound of cable cars clanging away. If you don't, ask for a room removed from the Cal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Xenos1
Manager_REN_SF, Front Office Manager at Stanford Court San Francisco, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Xenos1,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I am so happy to hear that our Aurea lounge staff was so accommodating for you and your group. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to San Francisco.