The history of the hotel (and the area/Nob Hill) adds to the ambiance of this place. The hotel is very quaint, very welcoming and comfortable. The staff was awesome. The woman that checked me in actually walked to my room with me to verify it had been cleaned (I checked in early). She gave me the history of the hotel and the other hotels in the immediate area. The rooms were comfy and not too huge. The size isn't an issue. In fact I don't like over sized rooms-what's the point? Wasted space. The Aveda ammenities are nice to have as well. I didn't have any issues with noise as I was facing the inside (not the street). Sure, no view here but it was quiet. Parking was fine. It's also within walking distance to some great restaurants and coffee shops etc. Then again, pretty much every place in San Fran is a "good location". I really like being up on the hill. The ONLY reason I did not give this five stars was because I did not have the opportunity to eat/drink. I plan on staying here again and will be sure to enjoy the restaurant. Great place to stay! Easy to find/get to, and really comfortable with GREAT staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance