“Hey I' m impressed !”

Stanford Court San Francisco
Ranked #63 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just got back from a Very nice stay. This hotel is cool and user friendly. Free net in the lobby ,friendly staff..cool but not "too" cool ..Great location. I ' have been around..better than most for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Stanford Court San Francisco

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Perched on top of a hill over looking san Fran this hotel offers a very warm welcome with the most comfortable rooms, there is a huge bar area (drinks can be a little on the steep side) almost as steep as the hills outside, shopping area is only 5 mins down the hill and the bay area is a lovely walk to get to, 99% of the staff are wonderful and kind and helpful but 1 person lets the whole team down there, you'll figure it out! Over all this hotel gets 9/! 0 from me it lost 1 mark because I'm lasy and hate the walk back up the hill to the hotel, a really must stay at hotel, great place!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

As frequent Marriott Awards (Platinum) member I booked this hotel for a recent business/pleasure trip . I received communication ahead of time by the hotel regarding my stay and any wishes. I had booked a suite reservation and requested a view and high floor. I arrived at the hotel and was first put in a suite on the 6th floor with a city view that was less than impressive. I contacted the front desk and expressed my displeasure....they reassigned me to a corner suite in the hotel front and facing the Intercontinental Mark Hote 7th floor. The room was a big advantage over the first room assigned however was located next to the service alley which yes the trash and delivery trucks came at all times of the night/morning! I asked to switch but was told nothing else was available! I ended up buying ear plugs to deal with the noise! The Concierge Club was nice but overcrowded which seems to be the trend of the Marriott’s I have stayed at of late. This property is a tourist trap with lots of pre-blocked foreign travelers and airline pilots and flight attendants alike. While it is well maintained I did not find my stay to be up to the rack rate I paid and certainly not up to Marriott Platinum Service promises. Will not be returning to this property and don't recommend it and you can do much better with other properites such as the Place Hotel by Starwood or the W Hotel which recognize their frequent guests and provide much better service /accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MEProfenno
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance for one night with my husband. The rooms are just beautiful, and the Nob Hill area is a great location. We were close to cable car stops, Union Square was a few blocks away and we actually walked to the pier from our hotel. I'd highly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face the courtyard. Try to get an outer facing room of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganMandy
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As everyone says, this hotel is in a good location. It is right on the trolley line so you can get down those big hills if you are not into walking. We were here for a wedding so the group rate was lower than published rates. The place was clean, the staff was very friendly and attentive, the food in the restaurant was good. I would highly suggest getting a room on the perimeter of the hotel. Our room was on the inside, with a court view, but all the noise from the car drop off just funneled right up to our room...the worst being that blasted whistle that is blown about every 30 seconds to summons the taxis from out on the street. Suggestion to hotel...have the doorman call for a taxi or go out to the street to blow that annoying whistle. We were unable to switch our room because the hotel was full. so other than the noise from down below the room and hotel were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

A reasonable hotel, but overpriced for the room we were given. But what's with this short-sighted decision to rip customers off by charging them obscene amounts for in-room wifi? I experienced the same thing at the Renaissance at Times Square, New York.
By no-one's standards can nearly $16 for one day's access be considered reasonable. And the hotel has the cheek to define "a day" as noon to noon. So if you log on at 11.45am, sorry for you!
This is short-term profiteering in the extreme. My response is simple - Renaissance has lost me as a customer, forever. I stayed in small-town motels in other parts of the US where free wifi was the norm. Catch a wake-up, Renaissance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I find reviews for SF hotels to be mixed. This was my 2nd time staying here. The rooms are clean and well appointed with nice bedding. The location is very good I think (at CA and powell). Easy walk to the financial district. It is about 1.5mi to Fisherman's Wharf - walkable but you must traverse the hills of SF. Cabs are pretty cheap in the city and the bellmen will call one for you. The staff is helpful. Given the price and rating of the hotel I expect it to be clean with helpful staff - it definitely met and exceeded my expectations. Downside is parking is about $50 per day (for valet)...it's a nice but costly feature. It seems most hotels charge a lot for parking in SF. There is also an offsite option that saves you a few bucks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business