We loved this hotel. The staff is helpful and very friendly. The beds are comfortable and the location is great (but you should note that it is at the top of a very steep hill). We were able to walk to Union Square, Chinatown, and a few restaurants past Chinatown. The view out our window was wonderful: downtown and the bay.
Still, I have a few caveats:
Cable cars pass right by the Stanford Court. If you are on a lower floor, you will hear them all night. We didn't mind, but light sleepers might.
The hotel works mostly with business travelers so they have very few rooms with two beds (as much as the online booking places tell you that they'll get you one of these rooms). They put a very comfortable air mattress in the room for our teenage son, but it did make for a very tight space. If you are traveling with more than 2 people, you should make note of this or be prepared to sleep on an air mattress.
Internet is pricey here, but it is about the same rate in 3 other SF hotels we've been to. We found it cheaper to bring our own mi-fi thing and buy a $50 one month all you can use subscription. It's cheaper than the $15 a day at the local hotels.
The hotel is at the top of a hill. This is not a sissy hill. Seriously. If you are not in the condition to climb a lot of hills or don't want to pay for a taxi, you might want to consider a flatter location. Personally, we loved it, but it can be challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance