The Stanford Court is a classic hotel that exudes class and style. As a platinum elite Marriott member we decided that our 5 day stay in this great hotel was a must. We were not disappointed.
We were given an excellent room with a wonderful view of both the city buildings, and the San Francisco Bay. Who could ask for anything more. All of our requirements were there on check-in, and the room was fresh and super clean. From a location point of view you cannot do any better in the downtown area.
We had breakfast every morning in the hotel restaurant, and with the watchful and superb service by Ramon we enjoyed well cooked and executed dishes. I also commend the very exacting and efficient housekeeping staff, Anna in the concierge lounge, and Ann Merek, the Director of Operations, who ensured that our stay was ultimately a superb one.
Because of the fact that the Stratford is located on the corner of Powell and California one hears the cable cars, with bells and all, until 1AM in the morning. It did disturb some of our sleep, and might affect others similarly. Just thought I'd mention that for those who are very noise conscious.
If we travel through San Francisco again this will be our hotel home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stanford Court San Francisco is fresh, fashionable and at the center of everything savvy visitors want to see and do. Enjoy sweeping views of the city, the bay and the majestic Golden Gate Bridge from our convenient location atop historic Nob Hill. Discover the best of San Francisco's charm and character while enjoying our contemporary boutique hotel as your home base.An ideal location, we are conveniently situated in Nob Hill close to premier shopping, dining, and attractions in Union Square. We are steps to the historic cable cars, a short walk to Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and the Ferry Building.393 newly-renovated rooms and suites, offering cool, contemporary accommodations. Three cable car lines running directly in front of the hotel, waiting to whisk you to San Francisco’s hottest neighborhoods and landmarks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Stanford Court San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Stanford Court Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance Hotel San Francisco
- Renaissance San Francisco
- San Francisco Renaissance