“Great food and good value”
Review of Katana-ya

Katana-ya
Ranked #706 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped in after lunch time to avoid the crowds, while I was staying at the Adagio hotel a block away on Geary Street. No problem getting a seat. I had a craving for ramen, and found a variety of ingredients and broths to choose from. My bowl of Katana Ya ramen was delicious, rich, filling and just what I was looking for. Service was quick and efficient but not unfriendly, and the bill didn't put a dent in my wallet.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

You have to wait outside which can be annoying. The service was fast, not its not for a leisurely meal. The appetizer also did not come out first. But the food was great and fairly inexpensive.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was very average and there was nothing special about it. Coming from Asia i am used to full flavor asian foods so i would say it wasnt great but it wasnt terrible. A Russian waitress though wasnt very helpful when my wife tried to ask for chicken in her ramen instead of pork so we told her to give us a couple more minutes. I then spoke to the Asian Server who said it could be done.. but it will cost $3 extra.. we said no problem. So if she troubles you, just look for an Asian who knows what he's doing. :)

2  Thank ineedsoftbeds
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Try the #12 , medium spice, salt mix. Potstickers & Fried Chicken!!!!!! I don't think i can return to my local noodle shop in Fountain Valley, without feeling unsatisfied. I am considering a relocation based on noodles.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant. What a let down. Ramen is below average. Broth is too greasy. I've had better.