“Surprisingly good”

Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: SF Muni Lines: 10, 15, 30, 45, 47
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

With only an hour to spare before catching a train, we enjoyed light fare consisting of yummy tomato gazpacho finished with avacado garnish, deep fried green beans, the tastiest wood-fired flat bread pizza with cherry tomatoes and goat cheese, and broccolini done with a miso, tofu and soy mash. All items were interesting and expertly prepared by in-house chef. Friendly, quick service. Plan to visit again!

• Visited August 2013

“Great place - friendly people”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Just ate here and loved the food!
A must stop for anyone inn the SF area. Really taken back at first by the menu being too simple but turned out to blow our minds!
Drinks were great and so was the staff!

• Visited May 2013
Benicia, California
“Make your reservations now”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Before the sf giants game, my husband and I had an excellent meal! We especially loved the squash blossom flatbread, batter fried beans, and the fresh vegetable lasagna with freshly made noodles in its own casserole dish. The martinis were good too! This may move up to a top five favorite in sf! Service, venue- very good.

• Visited August 2013
“Creative menu in SOMA”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Easy walk to SOMA and Cal Train. Good location for business lunch or dinner meeting. Creative menu, good for veggies and non-veggies too. At lunch the service is very fast, food very fresh. The restaurant is small and gets very noisy when full. Will return, this is a great small restaurant that deserves your attention.

Visited August 2013
Key West, FL
“Quality & Relaxed”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I did some research and this place was a must for me and I was not disappointed. Upon entering we were greeted immediately, friendly and professional. The décor was clean, beautiful and unassuming which made the focus on the food. The clientele was very mature, business and retired. All the tables were taken for lunch, so we decided to sit at the bar for a glass of wine and wait. The bartender was knowledgeable and our wait was quick, we didn’t even get through ½ the glass. Upon being seated I felt a bit uncomfortable because the tables are very close together which makes one feel like they are squeezing by a bit too closely, but the seating itself was comfortable. The wait staff was very helpful when needed and stayed away when we were enjoying our meal. And on to the food… Simply put it is Quality. You will not be disappointed nor will you go away hungry. We had the Squash Blossom Bread which is more like an extremely thin crust pizza. It was very good. The Sizzling Shrimp were perfectly cooked and spiced and I could’ve eaten these for every meal during my visit to SF. We also had the Heirloom Tomato Salad special which was extremely fresh and just amazing. If I lived in the city, I’d be eating at this restaurant regularly. I can’t say enough about this place. BTW, if you are wearing black you can request a black napkin so you don’t get white lint on your clothing.

• Visited July 2013