“Easy restaurant with very delicious food”
Review of Octavia

Ranked #84 of 6,501 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Lower Pacific Heights
Neighborhood: Lower Pacific Heights
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

I love how easy this rest is , no need to wear your fancy dress to have a special food. I love the starters, the salmon, the neat, the salads, the wine and the service . I really recommend you to go there to have a festive dinner.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (194)

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

My wife ask me to go there for dinner, after walking today 20k, I wasn't in a mood to walk again, I was wrong, this is so far our overall TOP RESTAURANT in San Francisco, great and efficient service, the devilled egg entries and the Wagui Tartare was amazing, the pasta was home made and what about the cheese cake at the end, please reserve in advance since they are always full, this is our TOP IN SF for sure

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

Came here because of the michelinstar, but did not live up to the expectations. Had the 75$ tasting menu.

1  Thank Søren L
Reviewed July 9, 2019

We visited this restaurant as a result of reading an article in the Wine Spectator about women chefs in San Francisco. This restaurant was one of six or eight top recommendations of the authors of the article. We were seated at a table that might as well have been part of the adjoining table. The restaurant is very small but squeezes the admiring crowds in anyway and any way. The food was exceedingly modern. I felt as if there had been an attempt to maximize the number of flavors in the various dishes we had - whether or not that produced a delightful taste or was even edible to a palate not versed in the latest trends. The wine list was extensive but very pricy. We bought the least expensive bottle of wine on the menu ($79). All of the wines on the wine list were of very recent vintages (or at least that my budget mind would let me explore). I kept wishing I were home where I could choose from my 1450+ wine cellar and eat my wife's and my apparently "old fashioned" cooking.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Visited Octavia on my wife's VERY SIGNIFICANT :-) birthday. We ordered two tasting menus and the restaurant has accommodated me (a pescaterian) with ease -- not just e.g. leaving the meat off, but replacing it with another ingredient or another dish altogether. I will not not spend time describing the dishes, as the menu, apparently, changes often, but I will note that a) we travel widely and we dine very well, wherever we go -- we are a couple that more-or-less travels to eat and b) I made reservation at Octavia with some trepidation -- placing faith in trip advisor and michelin. Our meal at Octavia was one of the best we had -- thoughtfully prepared, perfectly sauced, imaginatively plated. This restaurant is not the 3-michelin-star mausoleum of food with tiny portions and hushed voices, it's a bistro (in the best sense of the word) with guests absorbing flavors via every one of their senses. An outstanding experience. Enjoy.

Date of visit: June 2019