“Real French croissants 🥐 ”
Review of Arsicault Bakery

Arsicault Bakery
Ranked #50 of 215 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Friends took me yesterday on my arrival to SF to this place at 7am they are already open. And usually it’s not easy to find real French croissants so I wasn’t so sure. But once I tried the ham and cheese and the chocolate, and chocolate with almonds wow it was like being in France . I know should eat American but I couldn’t resist to try and it was delicious even more. Then I discovered that the nice and kind owner is from French origins so he knows what is a French croissants. This morning couldn’t resist too. I walked for 15 mn to have breakfast. Maybe tomorrow again. But I hope they will have Italian coffee so the chocolate croissants experience will be perfect. Thanks Armando

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When I tried this bakery after it first opened, I wasn’t that impressed. I’ve been back a few times since and now that the kitchen doesn’t have to churn out baked goods at a maniacal pace for massive crowds, I think the croissants taste better.
We got 2 plain and 2 chocolate croissants and they were very good. Light and airy and the chocolate was high quality.

I’ll have to return again to try one of the almond ones even tho’ the powered sugar on top would add so many more calories.
It’s a small bakery but if you go mid morning on a weekday, you avoid the lines and may even find parking.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went there today with kids and wife. The ham and cheese croissants and chocolate croissants are really good.
For the kouign amann, i prefer the one from britany in France ;-)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

My son who lives several blocks away in the Sunset highly recommended. Yes ham and cheese croissants we had for lunch were very good. Coffee was good, too. The bakery is very small with only a few tables inside and a pair outside, if you plan to eat there.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 9, 2019

Small bakery in Inner Richmond District draws rave reviews including being named best new bakery by Bon Appettit magazine. It is fantastic.

Date of visit: June 2019