TripAdvisor

Ranked #45 of 318 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

I come here every other day for breakfast or bread. Having lived in France, now I really miss those French breakfasts. Well, I used to until I discovered this spot! Eclair, pain at chocolat and croissant! Love you, guys!

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I tried out one plain Croissant and one chocolate croissant on the weekend and was happy with both. The best croissant I've ever had was actually in Italy and it kind of made me realize how over worked and not so great the croissants I'd been eating back home were. (I've been to Paris, but due to scheduling, did not find time to snag a croissant while there.)
You might ask why I give a 5 star if they aren't the best ever. That's easy--they're the best so far that I've found in the Bay Area. The outside is nice, crisp, and flakey and the inside not overly dense or overworked. The chocolate in the chocolate croissant was nicely melted and not grainy. You would think non-grainy chocolate would be a given, but I've run across grainy chocolate enough times to be a bit hesitant about trying one out. I figured with this place selling only croissants, trying a chocolate one would be lower risk and for sure I'd be happy to order one again from here.
There was a line but it moved quickly.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

The almond croissant was simply amazing!! My brother and dad had the chocolate almond croissant. My brother goes here all the time and insisted we come and wait in line, yes there will always be a line, for these wonderful croissants! It was worth the wait. Wow!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Over the last couple decades, two bakeries had the title for best croissant.
Then a new bakery came to town and blew the previous contenders away. Arsicault's boulangerie is absolutely phenomenal. Grateful I got to go a few times before their popularity exploded. Since the write up in Bon Appetit magazine it's been too busy to just go without planning. I have my favorite usually, a plain croissant (perfection), but also have had the pleasure to try a marvelous kouign aman! You will wait in line. The owner is a lovely man, and does it all on his own. Be kind, and respectful of their amount limit to purchase so everyone can try. Very highly recommend, can't wait to return.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The almond croissant was amazing!!! If anything, you should venture out to Arsicault just for this one treat! You will not regret it!

Date of visit: August 2017