TripAdvisor

Ranked #45 of 319 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Incredible pastries, especially the croissants. I had the ham and cheese croissant and my husband had the almond croissant and the Kouign Amann. We loved it all.

There is always a line, but it moves quickly thanks to the efficient (and very kind!) staff.

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed May 20, 2017

Hubby waited in line for these croissants. They're good but as others have mentioned, is a bit over-hyped because of the review as best bakery in America. I think honestly, the best croissant I've every tasted was in Paris. It's all up to the individual's taste buds. I certainly wouldn't wait over an hour in line for the croissant but if I was in the neighborhood and the line wasn't too long, I'd wait to try it again. It's rather funny that Hubby waited in line for their croissants and when I asked him to wait in line at Mr. Holme's Bakery, he said he wouldn't get up early to do that. Go figure.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Chartreuse
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Everything you've read is true as they have quite possibly the best in the city. The service is quick and friendly but not much by the way of seating. Just grab your goodies and off you go. Recommend the plain and almond croissants!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Since their review as greatest bakery in America they have seen improvement in their lines, I like that the serves speak English and French. However a croissant that costs $5 is a special treat for me. Also I feel that the regular is better than the chocolate almond, I prefer flakiness rather than sweet goop in the center.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Mintchip586
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

While on my trip, we read about this place. It did not disappoint. There was no line when we arrived but one quickly formed with about 15 people waiting. We have the almond chocolate and it was still warm and yummy. This backers is highly recommended. They won an award for their croissant. Fantastic.

Date of visit: March 2017