“Rainy Sunday ”

Ranked #50 of 215 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

It was a rainy morning and was craving for croissants. We found ourselves near Clement and took a chance to visit Arsicault. Luckily the line wasn't that long but it was probably because of the bad weather. Worked for us! I ordered one of each from the menu on the board. I must say the croissant is the most light and flaky I've had since my last visit to Paris. Highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: February 2017
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed January 4, 2017

first time here and heard about it's review on Bon Apertite..came around 11am and line wasn't too long..bought regular and chocolate/almond croissant to see what all the fuss was about. Hmm, good! warm and flaky and light and full of chocolate! A little pricey($9 for the two) but I would go again if in the neighborhood and had craving for a croissant. Would take relatives there to try it for first time.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

We arrived around 9 AM to a line of 20 people. The line moved fairly quickly. The croissants (6 to select from) were large and fresh from the oven. They are flakey, buttery rich and delightful. I got the 5 per person limit including 2 ham and cheese, one chocolate, one Almond and one other totaled $24. Bring cash. They sell coffee and There are a few small tables in back.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

It's a little bakery, with 2 tables to sit. We had to wait in a little line before we could order our food. We were a little bit disappointed that they had only different croissants and no real bread. Real nice bread is difficult to find in SF... but the croissants were amazing, pricy 3,50 dollar, for a plane one.... The sweet morning buns even 4,25 dollar.
The different croissants are on a big blackboard on the wall, and when your in the shop, and waited and waited in line, they have the prices on little cards near the products.... I would recommend to wait for their croissants, but be aware of the price.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

While it is the best bakery in America, according to Bin Apetit, there's a little bit of a line to get to the delicious goodness of the flaky, fresh pastries. I would say try two varieties of croissants, but split them. They are incredibly rich. I'm a fan of the plain and chocolate. The almond I recently got, had a little too much frangipane in it. Worth a few minutes in line though!

Date of visit: October 2016