“Best Bakery in America!”
Review of Arsicault Bakery

Arsicault Bakery
Ranked #16 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

While it is the best bakery in America, according to Bin Apetit, there's a little bit of a line to get to the delicious goodness of the flaky, fresh pastries. I would say try two varieties of croissants, but split them. They are incredibly rich. I'm a fan of the plain and chocolate. The almond I recently got, had a little too much frangipane in it. Worth a few minutes in line though!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

We heard the news of the selection of Arsicault by Bon Appetite as the best new bakery in the US so we went early that first Sunday and stood in line with the multitude and the news cameras and scored our maximum allotment of croissants, chocolate croissants, almond croissants and ham and cheese croissants. They were all delicious but my favorite was the ham and cheese croissant - sooo good. The regular croissants were the flakiest I have ever seen or tasted.
Now that the crowds have died down my husband stopped by and picked up another batch last week-still delicious. Make your way here you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The pastry is truly wonderful, folks! But 1. There are lines from early in the morning.
Outside, where it may also be cold and foggy. 2. There are a few tables inside but good luck getting them. 3. I have seen coffee pots but they were empty and clean so I don't know if they serve coffee at any time. This is a deal breaker for me. 4. When they run out of ?ingredients? Time?? or something, they shut the cafe, and this could be any time that morning, depending on the crowds. You could be first in line or 20th and they will close. No back up plan for a crowd when there is a predictable line every day? Granted, space is also probably a limiting factor for the baking but maybe they could work something out with a nearby business for extra oven space. I went twice; once they closed on me, then again they started running out so I could only buy 2 pastries, one for my sister and me, so I didn't actually tell my husband I had gone. Whenever I am passing that way in the morning, I check out the line (always there, unless it has shut prematurely).

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Made an early morning visit to the Arsicault Bakery, it was worth the effort. The only negative, they limit the amount and type of pastry you could buy, which seemed a bit restrictive. Their croissants are yummy as advertised , bon appetit.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Long lines, service behind counter has no motivation or incentive to speed up order. You will be rewarded, although only limited to 4 per person (as of this writing).