“The best croissants on earth!!”
Review of Arsicault Bakery

Arsicault Bakery
Ranked #50 of 215 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We have traveled a lot, including France, and have eaten many very tasty croissants. The ones at Arsicault are the best we've ever had. Super light, super flaky, super crisp on the outside. The chocolate croissants are to die for. People come from miles around to get them. Can't say enough good about them- and the owner and staff are super friendly. The other must try pastry is the Kouin Aman (pronounced "queen aman"). Imagine a croissant, sliced, topped with butter and sugar and baked. Very decedant and delicious. Never had one before- they are superb.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I don't know how he does it, but Armando (the owner and baker) will make you believe you are in Paris with these scrumptious delights.

The bakery is small and the selection limited, but if you want to know what a croissant, an almond croissant or a kouign aman are supposed to taste like, head over to this little gem in the inner Richmond.

And don't get me atarted on the lemon tarts!

C'est magnifique !

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Small bakery with amazing croissants. Their Almond croissant is my favorite but the other choices, like plain, chocolate, and ham and cheese. The staff is friendly and there is a small area for indoor and outdoor seating.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 2, 2016

I kept hearing about this Arsicault Bakery and saw someone beaming as they took a loved one croissants to go. I had to wonder - really? is it really that good?! And the answer is Yes. It's such a treat. I try to justify getting a couple of them - such as the almond and the ham and cheese. Good to share. Yes - sometimes there is a line and they have to make a second batch immediately -Its worth it so just hold tight.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I just had my second ever visit to Armando's temple of croissant after trying his mind-blowing viennoiserie during a previous visit to SF. This time I brought my foodie wife and kids. Although they had high expectations based on my enthusiastic feedback after my first visit, even their seasoned, verging on jaded palates were suitably impressed. Clear consensus within our clan is that none of us have ever tried a better ham & cheese (Comte) croissant; I believe that anyone else ever hoping to surpass Armando's creations would clearly be clinically delusional. Plus it isn't just the ham & cheese croissants that are fantastic. The Pain au Chocolat, Almond Croissants, Kouign-Amann -- all are superlative. If tripadvisor allowed for one 6 star review for every viewer once in a lifetime, Arsicault Bakery's ham & cheese croissant would get my vote. As long as you're not riding the anti-gluten bandwagon, JUST GO!!!

Date of visit: May 2016