TripAdvisor

Ranked #45 of 319 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Neighborhood: Richmond District
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Small bakery with amazing croissants. Their Almond croissant is my favorite but the other choices, like plain, chocolate, and ham and cheese. The staff is friendly and there is a small area for indoor and outdoor seating.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed June 2, 2016

I kept hearing about this Arsicault Bakery and saw someone beaming as they took a loved one croissants to go. I had to wonder - really? is it really that good?! And the answer is Yes. It's such a treat. I try to justify getting a couple of them - such as the almond and the ham and cheese. Good to share. Yes - sometimes there is a line and they have to make a second batch immediately -Its worth it so just hold tight.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I just had my second ever visit to Armando's temple of croissant after trying his mind-blowing viennoiserie during a previous visit to SF. This time I brought my foodie wife and kids. Although they had high expectations based on my enthusiastic feedback after my first visit, even their seasoned, verging on jaded palates were suitably impressed. Clear consensus within our clan is that none of us have ever tried a better ham & cheese (Comte) croissant; I believe that anyone else ever hoping to surpass Armando's creations would clearly be clinically delusional. Plus it isn't just the ham & cheese croissants that are fantastic. The Pain au Chocolat, Almond Croissants, Kouign-Amann -- all are superlative. If tripadvisor allowed for one 6 star review for every viewer once in a lifetime, Arsicault Bakery's ham & cheese croissant would get my vote. As long as you're not riding the anti-gluten bandwagon, JUST GO!!!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Arsicault Bakery is not just the best croissant in San Francisco, it might be the best one I've ever had in California.... and I've had a lot of croissants and pastries in CA.

Almond croissants are my favorite and the standard by which I judge a places croissants. Arsicault makes theirs with an almond cream made from Madagascar vanilla seed, not vanilla extract, and a touch of Meyer’s rum to top off the batter. The flavor is over the moon, but so is the texture and the flakiness. It was an absolute winner.

Not only was the food fabulous, but the atmosphere was great too. The bakery has a picture taken in front of his great grandparents Arsicault Boulangerie in France at the turn of the previous century.

This establishment does his family heritage proud.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank scottca075
Reviewed April 30, 2016

The Chocolate Almond Croissant is simply incomparable. I cannot think of any way in which this can be improved upon. The place is not crowded.

There are only a few tables both inside and outside. The one limitation is that the coffee selection is limited.

They served us well and the owner himself came in and checked on us.
Both the Morning bun and the Kouign amman were both delicious. An unforgettable experience.

Date of visit: April 2016