“Paneer Palak is excellent”
Review of Lahore Karahi

Lahore Karahi
Ranked #1,347 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Their Palak Paneer is excellent with an order of garlic na'an. Just be sure to have them make it "mild". It's a simple family-run business in a rough part of towm but prices are great and you get a lot of healthy food. This is one of my favorite San Francisco restaurants.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food here, is soo good. The restaurant itself isn't much too look at, but the food they make is so good. We were so glad we came across this restaurant. The nan bread was so soft, and had garlic and corriander on i think. We are two small petite females, and ordered two nans, rice, and three main dishes...We were supposed to go out after that, but were so full that we only managed it back to out hotel. All the dishes very as good as each other the chicken saag, the lentil, and lamb.
The prices are very reasonable, and staff are very friendly, and down to earth type people.....You won't be disappointed!!!

1  Thank Travelite000
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The ambience was good, the rice I had was tasty. It was definitely a pakistan style as I have never had such a one in India. The mutter paneer was not a red color one you would get in tandoori hotels, but this was more like how in certain parts of Punjab it is made, there is lots of mutter (peas) and less paneer and full gravy. It was tasty and quantity was good too. I found this hotel, little better organized than the other nearby ones, whose tastes are also equally good.

1  Thank SenthilKumaran
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Lahore Karahi has been my favorite Indian restaurant in SF for many years now! They have INCREDIBLE tandoori fish, amazing butter chicken, and fabulous food in general. It's a bit "hole in the wall", but that simply adds to it's character. They have great, busy staff, and delicious chai while you wait.

Seriously, it's amazing.

1  Thank Caroline F
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place was a gem of a find!! I love places that don't rely on a fancy exterior and expensive looking lights and tablecloths , there was a real buzz when we entered.. Its changed hands in the past three months, and reading previous reviews, I would like to point out you don't write your own order, and the service is defiantly not slow! The owner and his chef wife are just lovely, they made my 8 year old a customized dish of plain chicken and rice and then brought over complimentary deserts for my kids! One happy family ! The food was amazing, fresh,and delicious. If you want the real deal, and don't have to have a Pakistani restaurant that has been disnyfied, then the is for you.

2  Thank Liz D