Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Great Location

Took in a movie after all day shopping. Great location near downtown shopping. Very clean theatre... read more

Reviewed September 2, 2019
BF629
Houston, Texas
via mobile
Movie out

We took our boys to the AMC Metreon 16 to see Spider-Man. The theatre was very clean and the seats... read more

Reviewed July 4, 2019

from $20.00
from $55.00
from $169.57
More Info
All reviews concession stand yerba buena park purchase tickets movie theatre
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020

it looks like a movie theater from the 70s. Just look at the carpet in the photos to get a better sense for the place. Its movie theaters like this that give the industry a bad name. They need to spend some money on modernizing it and making the overall movie experience better.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank SJL1605
Reviewed November 29, 2019 via mobile

The movie theater is located close to Powell Street Station on 4th and it was easy to purchase tickets at the self-service counters and then get popcorn and drinks or other snacks upstairs. They offer IMAX and Dolby and 3D of course. We watched “Knives Out” in Standard and “Frozen II” in IMAX - and yes, IMAX is an experience. Interestingly it was cheaper than the movie in Dolby. Both movies were great, but so was the seating with reclinable leather seats. If you choose to see a movie, this is a place that offers comfort!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

There were three people total (me and two others) who saw Jexi at the 2:00 showing of Jexi at the Metreon. The movie Jexie was filmed in San Francisco. It is a very funny movie and we were laughing out loud so many times.....so even with only three of there we had a very fun time at the AMC Metreon 16.

For purchasing tickets, its via machine now. I was paying cash and they do have those machines. There is also more machines to pay for one's movie tickets by credit card.

Reviewed October 21, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I decided to watch, "Maleficent," in the Metreon's AMC IMAX theater. What a delight to see all of the wonderful special effects and story on such a large screen. The theater is clean, bathroom stalls are numerous and clean, the comfortable seats are large and chosen at the time of ticket purchase. We did not purchase any refreshments, but a concession stand is available.

1  Thank lenak63
Reviewed October 16, 2019

Went to see Joker here and the movie just went blank halfway through. Nobody came in to say they were working on it, nobody apologized. The entire theater was of course upset, and people started leaving. There was a huge mob down at the end of the hall and nobody helping the customers.

We waited another 10 minutes as we saw people arguing with someone who was potentially en employee, and then we left. I tried to contact both AMC and AMC Metreon 16 and was given the run around.

Ultimately, I had to dispute it with AMEX. I don't think I will go to another movie here, and maybe just not at all. AMC in particular handled the situation very poorly when I contacted them the next day. Really dishonest. Terrible theater, avoid.

1  Thank Everett C