“A great way to see San Francisco”
Review of SF Adventure Tours

San Francisco Urban Adventure Tour
Ranked #19 of 125 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hey, there! I craft one adventure per day just for the small group on board and the unique goings on in the City that day. You will leave the double decker buses behind to explore the classic landmarks of SF plus its secluded stairways, secret views, outdoor art galleries and more in a 12-passenger "woody". Then continue your adventure on the infamous island of Alcatraz with the cell house audio tour, and time to explore the island on your own. Or... dive into a five-hour experience guaranteed to dazzle your taste buds and cultivate your curiosity. This multi-stop tour takes small groups of guests into the booming world San Francisco's craft beer and food scene. The tour includes a behind the scenes visit to a craft brewery with on-site tastings of their products, beer and food pairings at premier brewpubs, and food tastings in The City’s up-and-coming neighborhoods.
Reviewed July 10, 2015

We booked this for our first full day in San Francisco. We liked that it is a small group and there is flexibility. Eric is very good as tour guide and driver. We saw, learned about and experienced things larger groups wouldn't be able to do, like the cement slide park. This is good for older children and up.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"all ages"
"fort point"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"haight ashbury"
in 25 reviews
"stops"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2015

An awesome day, Eric from SF Adventures knows his stuff with a witty & informative tour of San Francisco. We saw everything we wanted to see and more. A small group so not too much time waiting around we covered pretty much all of San Francisco. I cant recommend highly enough. Great for singles, couples and families

Reviewed June 2, 2015

Eric picked us up at the designated spot on time, when we traveled to the "bus" , it's a pickup with a canopy. Hmmmm, Safari style, didn't know what to think. Took urban tour, Alcatraz included. Perfect. The safari truck was great, he took us places a bus can't go. Up hill down hill, alleys, side streets, if something was going on in the city he stopped by. Very funny person that Eric. Witty and I hope you like puns. I would go again and again

Reviewed May 30, 2015

My boyfriend and I recently made the very positive life decision to book a "Beer and Bites" tour with SF Adventure tours and are so happy we did!

Our guide, Eric, was wonderful; super knowledgeable about SF, kind to all aboard and funny to boot. We traversed through the SF peninsula in an open air converted truck, and enjoyed a tour peppered with educational history, fun facts and lots of beer.
It was also instantly apparent that Eric thought of each of us as his actual guest, not just a customer. (Which means a lot to me personally.)

I have been on a few tours of SF, and by far SF Adventures was the most unique and enjoyable. I can only imagine the other tours are equally as amazing and would recommend this tour to anyone visiting SF.

Keep up the good work and thanks for such a great time!

P.S. This is a real bargain as well - SF is expensive and we spent less for this tour, complete with food/drinks & transportation than we did at dinner the night prior!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

This tour was a blast! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to San Francisco that is interested in craft beer.
Within the first five minutes we were cracking open local brews in the back of the open air vehicle! The guide was super friendly and knowledgeable about the local brewery scene and SF history in general.
We got to tour the inside of one brewery (right on the beach!) it was fascinating! We also stopped by a local home brew shop and school. And wrapped it up at a small boutique chocolate shop (with phenomenal chocolates! And plenty more tasting there) and walked across the street to pair it with a local stout on the back patio of a quaint Irish pub. I believe in total we sampled at least 13 beers from 5 or 6 SF breweries.
I gather each tour is a little different but with so many options for beer and craft breweries within SF, I'm sure they are all divine. Trivia and history peppered in along the way too.
All in all a great way to see a more local and relaxed side of San Francisco and definitely a must do for all visitors!

Cheers!