“Great and mdmorable”

Ranked #78 of 6,500 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Beach
Description: Mourad is a modern interpretation of a cuisine deeply rooted in the past. Our food pays homage to those roots, showcasing the rich and vibrant flavors of Morocco in new ways that harmonize with the fresh, local, artisanal ingredients, and the spirit of innovation of Northern California.
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

This place was recommended by our hotel and it was terrific. Our server was very professional and great. We loved the service, atmospher

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (412)

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

The setting is fantastic, contemporary, inviting and refined with subtle elegance. Unfortunately our night went south very fast. We had a reservation and due to a “mixup” we were seated 30 min late. The manager sent us a glass of prosecco for our long wait and the chef provided complimentary olives and walnuts. Now on to the food, the olives and walnuts are fantastic, definitely a good start. I had the Kanpachi which was beautifully plated and the ingredients were fresh but lackluster flavor wise. It’s a dish that will greatly benefit from a pinch of salt and some acidity. It took almost 20 min to get our second course and I saw a few other tables also waiting on their next course. I ordered the branzino with prawns, the dish was perfectly cooked and the vegetables had a beautiful caramelization, definitely the star of the night. I have to praise the staff for a great service, they did their best to provide a pleasant experience. At the end of the night the manager end up taking care of our bill, gesture that I appreciate but not considered not needed. We came searching for a great culinary experience that unfortunately did not happen this time. There are great elements to this restaurant and I’ll give them another chance.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Good choice for a business dinner. Easy to talk. Not on top of your neighbor. Good service that doesn’t interrupt the flow of conversation. Food is quite good, albeit expensive. So, make sure the client or business prospect is worth it.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

The food was spectacular and the service could not have been better. We ordered appetizers and I had a main dish, and I was still a little hungry afterwards. I'd suggest having larger portions to the restaurant, but besides that, everything was perfect.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

Our family had a wonderful meal at MOURAD. We were pleasantly surprised by the appetizers, the blend of tastes and spices and the service was friendly and efficient: we enjoyed the ambience and decor as well. A must place to visit again in the future

Date of visit: March 2019