“Such a gem. Two locations”

Tadu Ethiopian Kitchen
Ranked #627 of 6,307 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant. We just moved to the neighborhood and have already eaten here twice! Excellent, burst of flavour in every bite. The service is also excellent. It's an order at the counter rather than full-service restaurant. I'd say it's good for a chill date night though too!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018

OMG! Truly wonderful food served by a very friendly staff. Small place, with small tables. Perfect spicing, from my estimation. Inexpensive, for the quality of food. Not going into detail about specific dishes, since I didn't know Ethiopian food from a hole in my head, but we shared a couple of dishes and they were both superb. Not to be missed, if you're staying in the Tenderloin!

Gritty neighborhood. After dark, you might consider a cab, Uber, Lyft, etc.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Yes, this is in the Tenderloin district (bad part of town), but if you take an Uber there to the front door and take an Uber back, it's just fine. I ordered the Lamb Alicha Banatu and Injera (flatbread). Definitely a delicious and unique food experience. I loved it! You can actually see the woman cooking your meal from where you're sitting. Service was very good as well. I highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank AdkHiker79
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Super tasty and delicious food. Fresh made and tons of veggie and vegan options. Love the vegetarian sampler plate. Can't miss this place if you like tasty food.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank jdjd2
Reviewed October 22, 2017

shared a large platter with several vegetable preparations, lentils, and a beef dish, and It's not the best street to walk on from Union Square, but this is a small friendly place. Radio in the background, soft drink machine in front. The food is extremely good and the portions are generous. We shared a large pizza-size injera bread on which seven or so vegetable preparations were set, plus one of beef. Spicy, but not hot. And a basket of injera on the side, which stands in for silverware. No alcohol, I had orange soda. The price is right, the food is delish, and I would go again in a new York minute!

Date of visit: October 2017