“Great hotel, great find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Gate Hotel

and 1 more site!
Golden Gate Hotel
Ranked #4 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
“Great hotel, great find.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days at short notice when there were barely any rooms left. The staff were lovely with prompt responses to emails and I was lucky to secure a room :) I saw the positive reviews about this place on here and it definitely lived up to expectations. Sharing a bathroom was not an issue at all. The hotel is close to everything and is far enough from the "dodgy" areas to feel safe. I would have been sorely disappointed if I stayed elsewhere, given the proximity of this hotel. Thanks for the lovely service :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ashleighbecu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a charming and very friendly B&B housed in an old building in the center of the city close to Union Square, China Town and cable car station. My son was especially fascinated by the old style elevator and took every chance to go up and down with it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. In addition to the nice breakfast, they also serve tea and cookies in the afternoon, although we were always out whole to to really enjoy the.

If I visit SF again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for four nights and shared a bathroom. Didn't have an issue with this at all. We both felt very comfortable getting up through the night also. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. Very cosy.
It's the attention of the staff that is outstanding. No request was too much to ask for.
We had a late flight out - we were able to leave our luggage for the day, were offered the lovely afternoon tea and the opportunity to have a shower to refresh before we left. All this offered despite the fact we had checked out - wonderful generosity.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this delightful b&b in June for 6 nights. Great location, excellent service from Spencer and his colleague and it was a treat to join fellow travellers in the parlour for breakfast and each afternoon for home made cookies. We enjoyed our comfortable room with en-suite bathroom. The only negative was that the bed was a bit hard for our liking. I would recommend this friendly b&b to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosieGlg
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The wonderfully attentive staff make this hotel actually bed and breakfast great. From the vintage birdcage elevator to the many old pictures of the San Francisco area we felt thoroughly at home. The hotel itself was very central and close to Union square and Chinatown. Tea and cookies are served in the afternoon after a full day of walking the streets of this great city. A good break from hot and humid S. Florida for us.

Room Tip: Get a room with bath in room like we did.
3 Thank Michael H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights recently and I loved the vintage feel of the hotel! From the beautiful old elevator to the claw foot tub/ shower in our bathroom it was just so welcoming. The staff went out of their way to make you feel at home and the coffee and croissants in the morning were fresh and wonderfully filling. I was a little worried about the resident cat because my boyfriend doesn't like cats but Pip just lazed around the lobby and he was so cute even my boyfriend couldn't resist petting him! The only 2 complaints I have are that it would be nice to offer some fruit with the breakfast, and the front rooms are very noisy, especially in the morning. Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

1 Thank kacee28
New York City
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms are tastefully done and spotless but they are small, however, I would highly recommend this hotel (which is really more like a bed and breakfast) because the staff is incredible. They are beyond helpful without being annoying. Breakfast is croissants, coffee, and juice. There is afternoon tea and cookies. There is an antique elevator which is beautiful. I guess the only downfall is if you have allergies to animals because they have a cat and two dogs which I only saw a couple of times but it's worth mentioning. As far as location goes, it's in Union Square. It's three blocks to Chinatown and four blocks from the bus and cable cars.

1 Thank FinickyNewYorker