“Great food and friendly atmosphere”

The Italian Homemade Company
Order Online
Ranked #7 of 218 Quick Bites in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

We had lunch here, and ate at one of a handful of tables in this tiny family restaurant. Don’t let the size of the restaurant fool you, though, this place packs a powerful flavor punch, and the service is friendly. We had Caprese Flatbread and tortellini and we even added an extra order of the fresh flatbread! This was a great lunch with a fun mix of local guests and tourists. Order at the counter and grab a seat (if you’re lucky) at the window to enjoy people watching as you wait for your meal - there are also a couple of outdoor tables if the weather is nice and you’d like to eat outside.

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

Typically on my first day in town, after traveling in from the airport, I walk around China Town and Nob Hill. I often just walk into a place to eat. I’ve heard about this place and read reviews so it was a no brainer. Service was great, and quick. And the food was fantastic. Lots of choices so take your time looking over the menu.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

We accidentally ran into this restaurant. The food tasted authentic, warm, tasty, and Italian to me. The restaurant also had some other ethnic beverages and items, also some old furniture. Also, the service was friendly and quick. Very modest prices.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

This is the freshest pasta we’ve ever had.
It’s really really good.
We did the pick a pasta-pick a sauce.
And the meatball platter.
It’s all really good.
Don’t miss this place.
Locals eat here.
And they are super friendly.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

The pasta is amazing and the tiramisu is divine. We dined at The Italian Homemade Company this past weekend. I enjoyed every dish that my sister ordered. The place is casual but the pasta is so delicious. In addition to all the fresh pasta, must try their tiramisu, it's excellent and not too heavy. Really enjoyed my visit!

Date of visit: February 2019