Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $120.00
from $90.00
from $88.99
More Info
All reviews haunted house boat ride audience participation wax museum drop ride at the end from room to room dark history actors and actresses jump scares combo ticket takes about an hour early days gold rush a lot of fun madame tussauds history lesson great fun
Reviewed February 14, 2018

We booked online and save $10 and visited before 2pm. there was only a few of us doing it at this time. the show last just over an hour and found it very well done and comparable to the Edinburgh and London dungeon. The props and actors were excellent and it gave us a bit of history of San Francisco. enjoyed the little boat ride. the Alcatraz drop was ok- a bit predictable and felt a bit short but over wise felt was a good over all experience.

Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Hey there, Dr. Wendy!
Thanks so much for the great review and feedback. I will make sure to flaunt this review in front of the teams at London and Edinburgh. They'll be thrilled, I'm sure. If you find yourself back in SF between now and April 22nd, we have a whole new show for you called "Blackout". Thanks again for the review and I hope we see you again.

Take care!

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

So I researched this online and it sounded fun! I looked at the restrictions and it sounded like we all were fine to go in my group. We bought tickets online......during our tour we were on the boat and there was a fire alarm that went off. Okay....so we were led outside and waited across the street with an actor. Finally after the fire department determined there wasn't a fire, we were led back into the boat to where we left off. We got to the drop ride which is the part I was most excited about. They told everyone if anyone had health issues or were "healthier eaters" then they couldn't ride. I'm a little overweight but I didn't think anything of it.

We got in the seats.....pulled the bar down. It locked. They guy came through and checked the row of riders and made sure all of them were locked, including mine. Yay! Time to ride. Nope-a few minutes later he came back and told me "I'm going to have to ask you to get off due to safety reasons." I was in shock! I'm too fat for it?? He unlocked my bar and I grabbed my stuff and left. I was mortified! The rest of the row just looked at me. I went out and two girls that were trying to sell me my picture were shocked that I couldn't ride. How does one know if they are too fat? I don't understand. There were guys in there that had bigger waists than me (they were in a few rows behind me). I was soooo embarrassed. I instantly wanted to cry. They need to have a sign posted that says "if you are even mildly overweight, you may be asked to leave." If I would've seen that I would've declined the ride because I wouldn't want the humiliation that goes with being told to leave in front of people. I'm going to include a photo of me taken the day before-so if you are overweight at all-you'll probably be asked to leave-even if the bar locks! I'm now going home and stressing about my appearance. I feel awful about myself. Self esteem has been shot. I've never had an issue with not being able to ride a ride. I was shocked I had to be unlocked and told to leave and yet the bigger guys were allowed to stay a few rows back (I was in the front). If you search the ride online there's photos of a lady way bigger than I am on it! I included that photo here also.

The one thing I will say is that the actors were very good. They made me giggle.

2  Thank Julie E

Hi Julie,
Thanks for you feedback. I'm really sorry that this happened. please feel free to message me directly and I will be more than happy to refund your tickets. Since your review we have reviewed how the ride is handled and situations like yours are now very few and far between. I would love for you to come back, on me, and experience this ride (which I'm sure you would be able to do). Again, I'm so very sorry for the poor experience. If you give us another chance you will also get to experience a new show! You liked that part! Again, my most sincere apologies and please feel free to contact me and I will absolutely take care of you.

Thanks,

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The was right next to the Wax Museum (snooze) but to kill some time we did a combo. I knew what to expect with the Wax museum, but I thought this would be lame (a basement with lame props and people jumping out of corners). I couldn't be more wrong. I will not give it away, but the people were skilled actors and were dedicated to the experience. The sets were more than I thought and very, very well done...oh and there is a short mirror maze...in the dark. It was great and if I return to San Fran with a group, we will do the Dungeon!!!

2  Thank DrGomab
Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Hi there,
Thanks so much for great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself! Check back with us periodically as we'll have some new seasonal shows and promotions this year that you and your family & friends will definitely want to experience. Thanks again for being awesome!

See you soon,
Dalia

Reviewed January 19, 2018

This was part of a package I purchased and wasn’t sure what to expect. This is a walking tour where you are guided from showroom to showroom by actors. Each room is a different period of time in San Francisco’s early days. It starts with the Gold Rush and ends with an escape from Alcatraz. There is a boat ride, mirror maze and little thrill ride at the end. The actors would pick someone from the audience to assist them act out the skits. You might get lucky and get picked like I did. Most of the rooms are low light or darkness and the actors like to jump out and scare you. Overall this was a fun, engaging experience with wonderful actors who clearly love their jobs.

1  Thank Emily P
Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Hi Emily,

Thank you very much for your review of the Dungeon! I'm so glad to hear that you found the experience fun and thrilling. We appreciate your feedback. Stay tuned for seasonal shows and new additions, and visit us again soon! -Dalia

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

We turned up at 10:25 and was told it would start in 5 minutes. They ended up starting at 11am, I think they were waiting for more people. Really corny storyline and acting but was fun. They try to scare you, which was funny. The same people in our group were picked for the audience participation parts every time. The ‘rides’ are short and not really a ride like at an amusement park. Worth doing, takes 1 hour to go through.

1  Thank Jacqueline D
Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Hi Jacqueline,
Thanks for the review. I'm sure by "lame", you really mean cheesy fun! We try not to take ourselves too seriously and I'm glad to see that you had fun with our corny storylines. Fun is what we're all about! We have some seasonal shows coming this year so please feel free check back with us and come to see more corniness! Thanks again for the feedback.