Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $120.00
from $15.99
from $90.00
More Info
All reviews haunted house boat ride audience participation wax museum drop ride at the end from room to room dark history actors and actresses jump scares combo ticket takes about an hour early days gold rush a lot of fun madame tussauds history lesson great fun
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I bought tickets for my husband and myself in advance of our weekend trip. The reviews and descriptions led me to believe it was a sort of attraction that appeals to me. We loved the humor and the bit of history we learned. The characters acted a bit strained at times. They had a few hiccups. But, I didn't care. I went for the giggles. And, I had a lot of those. The humor can be a bit on the subtle side.

I didn't just giggle. I let out a few snorts and at least one solid guffaw (maybe two. or three). I was scared and shocked more than a few times. The crew makes great use of special effects and lighting.

I would visit this attraction again if I thought that they would give fresh material to their actors. But, as it is, it is definitely a fun and lively way to spend a rainy hour near the piers in San Francisco.

Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Hi Dianne,
Thanks for the awesome review. I'm so happy to see that you had a great time and got into it! That's totally our schtick! Thanks for the specific notes, as it only helps us get better and better. We do have some seasonal shows coming this year so please feed free to check back on our website to find out when they are. Thanks again for the great feedback and I hope we see you again!

-Dalia

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Very talented artist. It's a great show and it's very interactive. If you want to have an adrenaline rush... this is it.

If history good and bad were described this way, we would all be historians by now. :)

Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Hello Weiss,

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Dungeon! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the experience and found it educational too. We appreciate your feedback. Stay tuned for new additions and seasonal shows this year!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

It appeared a number of staff were ill and the attraction was also short staffed. The entertainment value of the Dungeon is great with plenty of laughs for everyone.

The ‘Drop’ ride is an anticlimax especially after the highly engaging Alcatraz scene.

All in all though a thoroughly good way to entertain teenagers and older members of the family

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed plenty of laughs at the Dungeon! Once again, thank you for all of your feedback.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

We thought it was going to be scary, and it was not at all. I scare easily and I only jumped once.
The actors were horrible. My sons used to be in plays while in middle school and the actors in those plays were better. Don’t waste your time or money.

Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry that you didn't have a great experience. If you have any specific pointers on how our actors could be better, please feel free to message me directly. I'm happy to receive any feedback that will improve our performance. Thanks again for the review.

Take care,
Dalia

Reviewed January 1, 2018

This was the best comedy show around! It was interactive with the audience, it was extremely funny, and every room brought a new theme that entertained as much as the last. The live actors are awesome. A must go to in San Francisco.

Dalia G, General Manager at The San Francisco Dungeon, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review of the San Francisco Dungeon. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience! We appreciate your recommendation. Stay tuned for new additions and seasonal shows throughout the year!