“If you're serious about tea, this is the place to go!”

Red Blossom Tea Company
Ranked #24 of 287 Shopping in San Francisco
Elmira, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you're serious about tea, this is the place to go!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I searched out Red Blossom Tea Company after reading an article about them in the Edible San Francisco food magazine. Turned out that they were located only about 5 blocks from my San Francisco friend's apartment. How lucky can you get? Red Blossom Tea will not disappoint you.

Red Blossom Tea Company is the real McCoy. The staff has several generations in the trade under their belt, and they source their teas directly from the producers and traditional, artisan tea processors. Their tea leaves are first quality and their prices are reflective of that fact. When you drink their teas, the flavour and craftsmanship of tea making are on display.

Many of the big box store tea companies merely buy from tea wholesalers. They add fruit oils or essences to the teas and then package it under their own names. The tea leaves and their quality are what get lost in the equation. You can hide a lot of mediocre tea under the added flavourings. It's the flavourings that predominate, not the tea.

So if you're really serious about developing a connoisseurship in tea, don't waste your time with the box store tea companies. Go straight to Red Blossom Tea Company. All of the staff are knowledgeable about their teas, and they can introduce you to some amazing cups of tea.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank harbourlightspei

Chicago, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This shop has a selection of amazing tea and a friendly staff. I tasted a great jasmine tea, which I bought along with a black tea that I've had every morning since returning from San Francisco. Both were great! My only regret is that I didn't stay longer and try more types of tea.

Visited July 2013
hilton head island
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“which tea shall i choose?”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

stopped into a few different tea shops in chinatown and thought i'd had my fill. the decor of this little shop really drew me in though. received a warm welcome and great information on their teas. we were invited to taste a few varieties and thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony surrounding the brewing and serving of it. very helpful staff. could have stayed all afternoon.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank hipyogachic
Sunnyvale, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stumbled into this place on an excursion of Chinatown. Delightful and elegant experience. They have an excellent selection of teas. The lady spent a lot of time explaining the different teas to us, and then put together a lovely tea tasting session for the type of tea we were interested in purchasing. We love teas, and really enjoyed learning how to brew it at the right temperature. It was also interesting to see them brew the teas in their specialty glass infusers (would love to get one!). They were patient and we lingered over a delightful tasting. The teas were not cheap, but very fresh and flavorful. This store provided us with a glimpse into the beautiful world of elegant tea rituals.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Sunnymom2000
Grand Falls Windsor, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of my favourite destinations in Chinatown!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I visited the Red Blossom Tea Company while participating in a Wok Wiz Tour of Chinatown. Our group of nine were treated to a tea lesson where we learned all about tea, how to serve it properly and even enjoyed some great samples. The staff was extremely knowledgeable, the store very neat and tidy, and the tea very flavourable. Love the fact they offer online shopping as well.

Visited April 2012