3,242 results
All reviews floor to ceiling windows moscone center howard street luce restaurant the club lounge union square corner room south of market modern hotel mark hopkins mini bar concierge staff high floor attending a conference junior suite an upgrade few blocks
Reviewed May 19, 2017

Having stayed at the Westin near the airport just prior to the Intercontinental, it was impossible not to compare. It just felt slightly shabbier, which is weird because I would have expected an airport hotel to be less nice. Water pressure is lacking. I had to switch rooms mid-stay since they couldn't accommodate my long-ago requested king size bed for my very, very tall boyfriend. Well, they could for an uncharge. No thanks. They switched me the following night when one opened up. All in all nothing terrible, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Evan T, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. The hotel prides itself on its energy saving practices and each shower is equipped with a special shower head so as not to overuse water. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. It is not the level of service we wish to deliver.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back and ensure your next stay is positively memorable.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

The reputation for this hotel is surprisingly good given the awful service I experienced at the front desk by someone called Kendra. She was rude and dismissive and I'm honestly not sure why she is in a customer facing role given her issues with people. The hotel itself is lovely and it is impressive that Obama stays here. It's unfortunate that this one front desk person really soured my experience at the intercontinental sf.
More about my issue- there was a party in the room next to me and she wanted to charge me a higher rate for another room away from the party room. Awful customer service.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded May 22, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your experience at our property. We are truly sorry that one individual impacted your stay negatively. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this interaction as we want to ensure this is followed up on and a similar situation does not occur again.

I can be reached directly at 415-616-6585 or evan.turell@ihg.com

Warmest Regards-

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here for a meeting at the Moscone Convention Center next door. Also very close to the Carousel! The rooms were modern and well decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The conference rooms were pleasant and the breakfast was healthy and delicious! A welcoming stop in downtown SF!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed May 14, 2017

I have stayed at the SF Intercontinental many times since it has a decent lap pool (about 22 yards) but last week I was given room 815. It was "pedestrian" and no offense to the Sheraton (see my review of the one in Rocky Hill Ct) but it was of a similar to slightly below Sheraton caliber. The closet was a metal door and the room trim was cheap w plastic corner protectors. I attached photos of the closet. The hotel might counter that this room was set up for the disabled but that does not account for the lack of quality.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We apology that the condition of the room was not as expected. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments to ensure the concerns are addressed. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Room was awkwardly laid out. Shower was huge and a barrier free room which is a good thing. The shower head was loosely attached & kept slipping off which made taking a shower a bit of a trial. The entire experience was formulaic and the food, conference facilities were just meh!

Room Tip: I would go for a higher room. My room was lower down and faced into a run down street and a freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide each guest with a positive and memorable experience. Unfortunately, we did not meet those expectations during your stay. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the shower and have shared the concern with the appropriate department. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide the level of service expected of all our guests.