I stayed here recently for business and I loved this hotel. The rate was just under $200 a night, which seems like a steal considering how luxurious this place is. My only complaint is that the parking is expensive at $50 or so per day, but since I'm not familiar with the area I didn't know of any other alternatives. Also, I would call ahead for my car, but they never had my car ready. I started to think calling ahead was useless, and that they don't actually get your car for you until you go downstairs and request it.
The rooms were amazing. I had a corner room and the exterior walls were all windows. The furniture and carpets are new and the beds are comfy. Not only do the rooms have flat screen TVs, but they have HD programming! I was so excited about this. Many hotels nowadays have the flat screen TVs, but IMO that is useless unless you actually provide the HD channels to go with it. The TVs were also a good size, my guess is 46".
I ordered room service a few times. It was a little pricey, but I thought the food was pretty good. Definitely better than most hotels. And the prices were probably in line with the city. I also used the gym which was really nice - lots of equipment and they provided headphones for the TVs.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and I would definitely consider staying at Intercontinental hotels in other locations because of the great experience I had in San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental