Friendly greeting upon arrival and upgraded via loyalty scheme to a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two walls. Not for the vertiginous, perhaps, but a fantastic room. Only downside was that all that glass let in a lot of heat, but you can live with that! Noisy neighbours repeatedly slamming their doors led to my room being changed the next morning - identical grade of room but at the other end of the hotel and with a subtly different layout. Extremely comfortable bed and reliable, speedy free wifi. Getting tea instead of coffee was easy, too.
The hotel was classy and immaculate. It's a few blocks away from Market St and was easy to find and get to - it's certainly a landmark in its immediate area. I didn't use the restaurant or bar so can't comment on those.
The pool was a strange experience, however. Confusingly, there were no obvious changing facilities and I ended up walking back to my room in wet shorts and a towel around me. Not ideal. I saw other guests doing the same.
It's far from a cheap hotel but the quality is right up there. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental