Given it's luxury status and highly rated spa, I think my expectations were initially too high. That said, it doesn't have the high room rates of some of its competitors, and that should have been a clue. But in the end, this was a good experience, and I will return!
PRO's: Very friendly, helpful staff. Gave me a nice credit for troubles. Great spa services. Comfortable bed. Nice view (23rd floor). Good room service.
CONs: Jr suite was smaller than I'd expect for a "suite" (but priced comparably). Bathroom amenities and design were average only. Spa part of the spa was small, not very attractive, and unimpressive (great services though. Just don't plan on a day enjoying baths, steam etc available in most resort spas). On-going tv probs (but nice credit given for trouble).
In short, I'd definitely recommend this hotel, just know that you will get something nice but not exquisite. But for the price, it's a good choice. I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental