“Not a San Franciscan Hotel”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #32 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“Not a San Franciscan Hotel”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Most of us who visit the city do so because we thrive on its colorful and quirky character found there. The Intercontinental is color and atmosphere neutral. Being void of character makes it less then memorable. Beyond the neutral look it is a first class hotel that will probably meet all of your needs. Parking is pricey, but again this is San Francisco. Brunch was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 8th floor. As for a room that does not face another building within a block
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear William K,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Area Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a typical Intercontinental with guys on the door, over friendly staf at reception, nice bar, nice (even for Europeans) breakfast buffet, obvious spacious room and bathrooms and clean. If you are used to asian hospitality then this hotel is like fast majority of the hotels is the bay little outdated but its welI maintained. Normally i would give a 4 but mow a three as the head waiter at breakfast was without manners: disturbing my guests while talking and insisting on an answer even when I expressed my frustration, asking my business guests while speaking. Interrupting that we cam go to the buffet: We know were next to it!

1 Thank NeonLeonNL
Dear NeonLeonNL,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms, friendly staff, Bar 888 and our breakfast buffet at Luce. I apologize that you experienced less than spectacular service during breakfast. I have passed your comments along to our restaurant manager to review. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to San Francisco and allow us to give you a truly InterContinental experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I come to San Francisco for conventions at Moscone Center. I used to stay up the hill, but lately have been staying at the Intercontinental, as it is only 5 minutes from the front door of Moscone Center
It is also within just a few minutes of Market street and Westfield Shopping Center.
The lobby is roomy, the bar is nice and comfortable and great to meet with friends or colleagues. The restaurant Luce is adjacent. I only had breakfast there, but it was excellent.
My room was on the 23rd floor and was comfortable. It wasn't spectacular, just roomy and clean.
I also did not visit the fitness center, so I cannot speak to that facility or the pool.
If you can get your conference to pay for the Wi-Fi do it, as the Intercontinental still has the antiquated policy of charging hotel guests $13.95 a day for internet use.

Room Tip: The higher the better! You will have a wonderful view no matter what side of the hotel you will be...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Elaine197,

Thank you for leaving such a great review. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so convenient for your convention. We also glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast at Luce and Bar 888. We are proud to say that all IHG Rewards Club members do receive complimentary WiFi and hope you take advantage of this great feature and sign up. We look forward to your next visit and hope it will be before next year's conference.

Denver
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here recently for a conference for four nights. The hotel is clean and well kept. It's in a good location and close to shops and restaurants. It's walking distance to the pier and AT&T stadium for the Giants game. Check in was easy. I had a problem checking out. The hotel bill showed I had used the minibar for a bottled water. I argued that I didn't since I had bought several bottled water from Target on the day of arrival and still had leftovers. I bought Arrowhead and the minibar was Evian--don't look alike. Why would I use the minibar for water when I already had my own? I had to give up since the check out person wouldn't remove it from my bill--$8.70!

Tip: Sign up for Priority Club for free and your internet is free.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cooknsew105,

Thank you for writing this review of your stay. While we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, check in and location we are disappointed to learn of the issue with your bill. We would like to speak with you further about this and hope you contact our Guest Relations Manager, Hizkia Larranaga at hizkia.larranaga@ihg.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Everything was nice. The gym is just a little bit too basic. The Rooms are very big and the beds very comfortable. Service is excellent as well. I haven't been to the restaurant but breakfast is quite expensive. Wi-Fi is indeed costly but it was paid by the conference. At that time, there were btw many conferences going on, it s a good spot for business trips to SF.

Dear Fabian F,

Thank you for leaving this great review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our comfortable guest rooms and great service. We are proud that all of our IHG Rewards Club members do enjoy complimentary WiFi and hope you take advantage of this great amenity and sign up. We hope to see you again soon to enjoy another stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I last stayed here in 2010, and it's starting to show its age now. The decor is looking a bit tired and could do with a bit of a spruce up. The biggest problem for me was the doors. Why can hotels not work out how to close a door without it needing to slam shut?

Whilst I was upgraded due to my Platinum Ambassador status, the corner room had some rubbish left in it and some dirty marks above the bed. Could do with a little more attention to detail. I reported another issue and was left to feel they they just blamed me for it. Only on a third attempt to a manager did they appear to listen.

On checkout, my card was just charged without me seeing the bill. It was wrong and they then had to amend it. My credit card then had two charges on it, as it took a week for the reversal to show up.

It's a nice enough hotel, but with all the convention business they get, I wonder if they really care about the leisure traveller.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chistery
Dear Christery,

I apologize for issues you experienced with your most recent stay. We do value all our guests feedback and would like the opportunity to speak with you further. We hope you will contact our Guest Services Manager, Hizkia Larranaga at hizkia.larranaga@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. We look forward to connecting with you soon and discussing your stay.

east greenwich, rhode island
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Cannot say enough about the wonderful concierge---Bill and his colleagues. I needed a rental car for the day and he arranged everything, over the phone (I called 2 days before my arrival at the hotel). The car arrived on time and I was notified. The concierge on duty gave me explicit printed directions to my destination and then to the hotel where I needed to return the car. I travel a great deal and these folks were truly attentive to all details regarding my "side trip" out of the city. The rooms are lovely and the facilities very good.

1 Thank dermgoddess
Dear Dermgoddess,

Thank you for leaving such a great review of your stay. We're so glad that Bill and the Concierge team were able to make your stay extra special. We always strive to go the "extra mile" for our guests and love to hear when our guests enjoy themselves. We look forward to your next trip to San Francisco and we'll get ready for the next side trip you take.