InterContinental San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zetta San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Mosser(San Francisco)
Minna Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
Bay Bridge Inn(San Francisco)
Hotel Metropolis(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Axiom Hotel San Francisco(San Francisco)
3,105 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great hotel with awesome views (we were on the 29th floor). We arrived early and our room was ready. Very friendly staff, nicely appointed room. We did not have the opportunity to dine at the restaurant but I did read it is excellent. The valet parking is a bit expensive at $52 a day plus tax, but you can go in and out as needed. However, if you do not need to go in and out, I was told to just park the car yourself and its about $30 a day and its the same garage the hotel uses. I believe there are several other overnite garages in the area that are a little cheaper but you have to walk.

Room Tip: Higher floors of course offer the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear A A,

Thank you for your great review of our awesome rooms and very friendly staff. We're glad we were able to check you in early and hope you have the chance to dine with us in the future on your next stay!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental for a conference. Amazingly, I was upgraded to a corner room. Gorgeous views, beautiful room and excellent service. I can't say enough about it. I would definitely stay there again. I had their breakfast downstairs, and it was wonderful as well. Every year, this conference is at a different location in the US and this was the best hotel in 17 years.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear mischa869,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about your stay! We love when guests write about their beautiful rooms and excellent service, as we strive to provide every guest with such stay. It is quite the compliment that our hotel was the best in 17 year for your conference and we hope your group chooses to break tradition and come back next year!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I used points for this stay , as I thought it could be nice to see what I got. I got a nice room high up with a view up town. I was happy with the size of the room, and the location for the shopping and walking downtown is great. There is a Whole Foods store just some blocks away at 4th. street for your daily groceries, and it is nice to just walk down to the Ferry building to look at the various stores. I didn't try any breakfast in the hotel , but I want to use a PC and what did I see ? A table with a PC in the lobby, but not free. Very strange that a hotel of this standard does not offer a free use of a PC to their guests !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear N0rwegianTravellers,

Thank you for writing this review of your stay. We're so glad you liked the size of your room and our convenient location. We do offer a business center for our guests at a charge, in line with most hotels in a large downtown city. However, we are very happy to announce that any guest who is an IHG Rewards member will receive complimentary in room WiFi starting January 1, 2014. We hope you take advantage of this wonderful amenity on your next stay with IHG.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Arrived early today (Dec 23 at 2 pm) at hotel and was greeted by a less than enthusiastic individual. Nothing welcoming or friendly about him. While I was in the lobby, I asked for a WIFI code in the meantime. He (at reception) just blandly said no WIFI code until our room is ready for check in. I've never stayed in a hotel of this star-level where there's no WIFI available in the lobby - or where there is no password given for guests who may not be staying at the hotel. He made no effort to try to help. Basically did what he minimally needs to - definitely in the wrong business! We booked a two queen size bed and it looks to me like a double bed instead. Overall the hotel is clean and new which is one reason why we picked it - will try another next we stay in San Francisco

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Monica D, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear SanJose023,

I truly apologize for experience you had while staying at our hotel. You should have been greeted and warmly welcomed as we are delighted to serve all of our guests. I'm sorry you stay started out on the wrong foot. We do have WiFi available in our guest rooms and our lobby for purchase and you should have been complimentary WiFi while your room was being prepared. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Rooms for review and training. Please accept my apologies and we hope for the chance to host you again and change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed here for four nights whilst visiting SF. The hotel is well located within walking distance of Union Square, the BART, and also the Giants Stadium, whilst not being too central so it's quiet enough and away from the noise. Obviously, higher floors are better from a noise perspective, but it's much of a muchness at this end of town.

The rooms are well appointed, and beds comfortable. Staff are accessible and responsive.

Five star hotels usually mean five star pricing for extras, and this is certainly the case here. Nevertheless, avoid anything unnecessary, and you'll find this hotel to be reasonable value as we did.

Room Tip: Don't touch the minibar fridge if you don't want to be charged - the space for personal items is deceptively small, and items are automatically charged as soon as they are removed from their place, irrepestive of whether they are consumed or replaced.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nerdag,

Thank yo for mentioning our good service, great location and responsive staff in your review. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay and found us to be a good value. We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to wow you again.