Stayed 2 nights in October 2013.
One of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. Floor to ceiling windows, great views of the city from the 20th floor. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was really nice, great shower. The staff was really nice with checking-in and out.
The location is great, only 2 blocks from the Muni and Bart station (less than 5 min walk), right by the mall. Union square is only a couple blocks past that. And if anything is further the taxi isn't much.
The only complaint was the with a west facing room and all those windows the room got really hot and the AC didn't keep up. We had to keep the curtains closed for the hottest part of the day and really crank the AC to get it comfortable to sleep at night.
We booked the hotel the day of and it was cheaper than any of the comparable hotels and way nicer than the comparables too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental