“Strategic location in downtown area with great service at the awesome city”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #36 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days 4 nights. The room and food were good. Very helpful service from the concierge, front desk, bellmen and housekeeping personnels in particularly for taxi reservation, where to go, and what to do at night. Strategic location in the down town, even though the neighborhood few blocks there wasn't that good.

It's just the not-so-big lobby making it full with people coming in and out. And the open bar is too small for chilling out.

Room Tip: Those choose room with street view might consider their choice due to street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank goudotmobi
There are newer reviews for InterContinental San Francisco

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I confess, I am a light sleeper. So to get right to the point, my stay was marred by the fact that the room I was in on the 11th floor was not well insulated from street noise (? a bar with loud music that ran till 430 AM). A call to the front desk of course got me now where. What could they do?Lying awake listening to bad music could mar any hotel room to be sure.
Otherwise, the staff were attentive, the hotel immaculately clean, the room spacious and comfortable.

1  Thank dougiedd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear dougiedd,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel staff and room accommodations. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest. Please accept our sincere apologies about the noise, we try our best to ensure all guests have an undisturbed sleep. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at Intercontinental 1 week ago for 3 days 2 nights. Slightly obscure entrance on the corner and very hectic lobby full with people coming and going. Rooms were spacious and clean. Concierge on duty were extermely helpful in suggesting where to go for dinner and areas to avoid. Locationwise was good but wish it was slightly nearer to Union Square. Other than that, had a fantastic stay and wish it was longer

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location. Were here for one night at the end of a California trip. The front desk guy (JD) could not have been more helpful with a map, advice on walking to the ballpark for the Giants game, etc. The remainder of the staff - parking, bellmen, housekeeping, doormen - were similarly friendly and - this makes all the difference - seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs and wanted to make sure you had a good time in San Francisco. Refreshing.

Decor was modern and stylish; room was spacious; view of the city and bay was beautiful. I know it makes money for them but I do hate paying for internet; that's really the only negative thing I could say.

I'd stay here again in a second. This is how a big city hotel should run.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for six nights in mid June. The hotel is located across from the Moscone Convention Centre. Everything is within walking distances; stores, movie theatres, restaurants and more. The staff, from JD at the front desk who found us a beautiful room on the 30th floor, to Bill Stanton, Chef de Concierge, went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and memorable. Bill greeted me by name every time I walked by the desk. The housekeeper noticed that I brought some of my own tea bags and she left extra Kuerig tea cups for me.The only negative is there was no free WIFI. It was available for $14.95/day. If you buy a cup of coffee in the restaurant, you can get a PIN for 3 hours free usage. Around the corner are restaurants and a Cineplex with free WIFI.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ICSF-Management, Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of the InterContinental San Francisco and for staying with us.

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and that our staff provided excellent service.

I will make sure to share your kind words with JD, Bill and the rest of the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and creating more memorable experiences.

Kind Regards,

Bryan Del Toro
Area Reservations Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Hotel is placed very close to the union Square and starting of the cable car, can get to all places by taking the Muni at Market Street (buses and trams) 7days ticket $28 which includes cable cars you clear that payment in one day.

The Hotel was good and clean, We found all the staff helpful and courteous and always passing the time of day with you and at the same time not being intrusive.

I booked the room through a well known Internet booking company, and a couple of days to go checking the inventory and looking at the Hotels rooms could not put my booking to the Corner room I had purchased, I emailed the Hotel and asked for conformation they emailed back and said it was not the room I thought I had booked but they said they had upgraded me to this room, What great customer relations .

I did mention to concierge that the United Kingdom 'Union Flag' was being flown upside down, knowing how patriotic they were to their own flag, they said that they would contact the person concerned immediately but a week later it was still upside down. Just in case they check this review the right way up is:- broad white stripes to the mast and uppermost . (even in UK people fly it upside down because they cannot see any difference)

Room Tip: High up and a corner room, 20 floors up really has great views. Did not rate children's facilit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Two night here after staying at The Fairmont, which I love. This is a very modern business hotel. There are no frills, but great views from the 30th floor and the rooms are clean. The hallways are tall and loud so you know when anyone on your floor is coming in or going out. This a green property so everything is tied to protecting the environment which is good. One restaurant which is over priced and you will leave hungry except after breakfast which is good. Typical rooms running around 199 a night next to convention center. There is nothing nearby but a large mall and more choices for food on a casual scale. Plenty of drawers, closet space and work space.

Room Tip: High floor helps
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear colonelscott,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.