Hubby and I had a lovely stay at the Intercontinental Hotel. Our room was up on the 22nd floor so we had a great view of the bay although there is a lot of construction going on in the area. It's located right next door to the Moscone Center and easily accessible on foot from the Powell St BART station. We didn't eat at the hotel and both mornings walking the near by streets to go get breakfast we walked by a lot of homeless people, dirty, littered streets and very smelly...that's what we disliked most but that's San Francisco for you unfortunately. Union Square is but a 10 minute walk where its very lively and bustling with people. The staff at the hotel were all very helpful and went out of their way to greet us. We used the gym on our first day and for the most part had it all to ourselves but we didn't get to use the indoor pool or jacuzzi even though I had planned to but we were to busy doing fun things. I don't know if I will ever visit San Francisco again but if I do, I will definitely check out this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental