InterContinental San Francisco
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$239
$336
$204
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$197
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
3,130 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Unfortunately I had to stay in this hotel for a meeting that I was working at. When I checked in they tried to charge me $100 a night (for 5 nights) in incidental hold on my credit card. When I explained that I only had $400 on the card and was really surprised they would charge me that much, they changed it to $200. Until three days later when they maxed out my card and left me a rude message telling me that I had to resolve the payment issue (at that point I only had two nights left and hadn't charged a cent, and they were holding $400!). That was annoying, but the real kicker was that as of today, 8 days after checking out they are STILL holding the funds on my credit card (despite calling them yesterday). So.. watch your money around this hotel. There are so many better choices in downtown SF that aren't as arrogant, and for what? The hotel was not all that, I put out $35 cash to have a Cobb Salad brought to my room for dinner, with all the amazing food and lodging within walking distance of this hotel it is a waste of money and the attitudes were ridiculous. The bed and the location were very nice however, so I gave it a 2 rather than a 1 star rating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gthroop
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear gthroop,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our quick short stay in San Francisco this past September.

We were very pleased with the room we got. Very spacious. I am still surprised by the fact that most upper scale hotels charge you for their internet usage. You would think by now they would just include it in the price.

The bar was really nice, sampled a few of their specialty cocktails. The food that was served at the bar excellent as well as the breakfast buffet.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again, but maybe not on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here several days for a work related conference. Could not have been happier with the quality of service, front desk, room service & concierge. Great location as well! Highly recommend the Intercontintal for your stay in San Francisco!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel, average location (Very good if you're at the Moscone conference center).
Rooms are immaculate but the design is average, not something you would post on Facebook. What bothered me the most were extra charges for Wifi, breakfast etc. For such an expensive hotel it really bothered me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear BardurOrn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After years of staying in some crampted accomodations in San Francisco, it was a pleasure to find the new Intercontinental in Soma. It is convenient to the Soma Museum, Moscone Convention Center, and the Westfield Center Mall, the movie theaters, and other points of interest. My room was large, modern, quiet, and the hotel had a nice gym and restaurant. The staff was accomodating cheereful and helpful. What a find.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business