“Nice Hotel For Our First San Francisco Trip”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #35 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our quick short stay in San Francisco this past September.

We were very pleased with the room we got. Very spacious. I am still surprised by the fact that most upper scale hotels charge you for their internet usage. You would think by now they would just include it in the price.

The bar was really nice, sampled a few of their specialty cocktails. The food that was served at the bar excellent as well as the breakfast buffet.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again, but maybe not on my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for InterContinental San Francisco

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here several days for a work related conference. Could not have been happier with the quality of service, front desk, room service & concierge. Great location as well! Highly recommend the Intercontintal for your stay in San Francisco!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel, average location (Very good if you're at the Moscone conference center).
Rooms are immaculate but the design is average, not something you would post on Facebook. What bothered me the most were extra charges for Wifi, breakfast etc. For such an expensive hotel it really bothered me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear BardurOrn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After years of staying in some crampted accomodations in San Francisco, it was a pleasure to find the new Intercontinental in Soma. It is convenient to the Soma Museum, Moscone Convention Center, and the Westfield Center Mall, the movie theaters, and other points of interest. My room was large, modern, quiet, and the hotel had a nice gym and restaurant. The staff was accomodating cheereful and helpful. What a find.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is next to the Moscone Center and is three block from the BART station which makes it easy from the airport at rush hour. The hotel has terrific views for the upper floors with less street noise. Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast is very complete but a bit on the pricy side. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floor have great views and less street noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I arrived in San Francisco from London on Thursday evening and were given a room on the 27th Floor which was excellent. We have a view of the city and the bay and both the room and the bath room were clean and very well maintained. The hotel is not cheap with prices of $300 per night. However at that price you would expect certain things to be included such as Internet connection and access to phone lines with credit card or phone card being free. Not here at all the charge is almost $15 per day for the internet and any phone call local or via card is charged at $1-50c per call. In my view two very unnecessary charges when looking at the cost anyway. The Spa is great but the pool was closed with access to another pool in another hotel which is a bit of a bind.
So my advice to the ICH hotel is to stop charging for every single thing and include things which really should be FOC in this day and age. If not my advice to anyone is walk a couple of hundred yards to one of the many Strabucks, Mels diner, etc where the internet is free and by the way is quicker than that offered with charges by the hotel.

Room Tip: Anything above the 10th floor gives and excellent view over the city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went for my gift to myself over Thanksgiving. I wasn't interested in the turkey dinner (which was a bargain) so next year I'll come either just before, or after thanksgiving.

This hotel has the nicest service I've ever experienced anywhere. I truly was treated like royalty. The rooms are a gadget lovers' dream come true. But you must save your money for the gourmet level food. It is a bit expensive, but SO WORTH IT!

I am almost blind and needed help with the TV to find and watch a first-run movie. I figured I'd get the usual ...not enough staff..., but they sent up the technology person who spent over 20 minutes assisting me to find a movie!

This hotel is very gentile, quiet and soothing. Just perfect. this year I'm saving up for a 2-night trip.

Room Tip: Winter is their slow time, best rates when you order online and prepay, about a month before you pla...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo