InterContinental San Francisco
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$183
$209
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$239
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
3,129 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was my second stay at the InterContinental San Francisco, and it was wonderful. We stayed in a junior suite, which is large and has floor to ceiling windows that gave us an incredible view of the city. The Club Level Lounge was fantastic, and the staff was so attentive. All of the concierges we spoke with were incredibly knowledgeable.

What I found most impressive was that, although the President of the US stayed in the hotel one night while we were there, we did not notice a decline in service to regular guests.

We will undoubtedly stay here again.

Room Tip: Highly recommend getting a Club Level room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lawg8r
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just visited San Francisco, decided by the reviews to stay at the Intercontinental downtown. This was an excellent choice! I loved the location & the staff. The restaurant was a bit pricey, but just a block away is Westfield Mall, with a great number of delicious choices to eat, not at all you typical food court.
If you like to get out and walk, all the shopping is a quick 10 mins away. Did I mention there is a Starbucks on just about every corner, and if that's not your deal, a few sweet cafe's as well.
If I have one complaint, it's that I could hear doors closing & people using the ice machines :(
My room was upgraded for free, so I had an amazing view!! And the concierge Will was awesome.

Room Tip: As soon as I checked in I got an upgraded room, without asking, but I would say, it was awesome!!! I loved my view, I kept my curtains open everyday, so I could see the view at night as well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shea M
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Interncontinental SF while I was in the city for business. I stayed there for a total of 6 nights and enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the sound levels (my room faced Howard) weren't too bad. However, if you are a light sleeper, request a room on one of the higher floors.

The location in Yerba Buena is a 15 minute walk from Union Square and the hotel is conveniently located. A Starbucks is just around the corner. Be careful walking South-West on Howard as the area gets a bit sketchy after dark. If you stay East of 5th, you should be fine.

I used the hotel pool a couple of times and it was a bit short (maybe less than 25 yards) and the temperature was a bit warm for lap swimming. The gym looked pretty new and the spa located on the 6th floor was frequented a lot.

The fridge has a tiny spot to keep your food and all of the mini bar items, bottled water etc. are on electronic sensors so be careful unless you want a charge on your bill. If you want the fridge sensors deactivated, it will cost you around $30. Wireless is $14.95/24 hour period but the price per day is less if you purchase the 3- or 5-day package.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Interncontinental if you are attending a conference at the Moscone. It's right beside Moscone West and just a small block away from Moscone South.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank trigirl2011
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Extremely pleasant personnel. Room was clean and enjoyed the gym and pool but didn't use the spa. Massage available. A little on the heavy side when it came to buying a tube of pretzels in the room. $9.00 for pretzels and $8.00 for a bottle of water. Easier to go across the street to the local deli and order a sandwich and coffee. Go to Mel's diner around the corner for breakfast. Location is near the cable car off Market Street. Tremendous restaurants in Little Italy. Avoid Chinatown as it is filthy.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was a great place to stay while visiting San Francisco! Such a modern hotel, with helpful and friendly staff. Pretty good location within walking distance to many sights.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple