Having previously stayed in more historic hotels in SF, it was an interesting change of pace to stay in a new and modern hotel, with very large rooms and modern amenities. The staff was very friendly. I arrived fairly early in the morning. so the only room they had available was on a lower floor, but I still got an slight room upgrade for being a gold member. There was still a decent view from the corner window, at least, but we were facing away from the city. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was almost as large as some hotel rooms in the city, with a separate tub and shower. The location was excellent, only a block behind the shopping center, which is located on top of the Powell Street BART/MUNI station. There is really no reason to have a car in SF, as almost everything is within walking distance, or at least a short ride away on the MUNI, making their outrageous parking fees irrelevant (and all hotels have absurd fees in the area).
I do wish luxury hotels would join all of the much cheaper hotels in offering free wi-fi, but there is free wi-fi a block away inside the shopping mall, so it is not a big deal. I also do not like the mini-fridge sensor, as I prefer to buy my own beverages, rather than the overpriced junk they supply. But none of my complaints are at all unique to this property, all comparable hotel chains run the same scams, since many of their customer are on expense accounts or have limitless budgets.
I will not hesitate to return here on my future visits to SF.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental