“Good service, very tasty food”
Review of Osha Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Osha Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina District
New York City, New York
“Good service, very tasty food”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Went there on a thursday night around 10pm. The waiters were always checking on us and making sure everything was good, without being pushy. My little brother ate fried chicken and a thai sauce on a white rice bed. I tasted some and it was pretty good, great for kids that don't eat much. My parents shared a big chicken noodle soup(not spicy) which tasted like very similar to a chicken soup, i.e, very good. And I ordered the first noodle soup in the menu. It had cilantro, pork, noodles, citric juices and a bunch of other good stuff. Very nice, and I ordered it mildly spicy, which was perfect. We then ordered a sticky rice with mango, which was beautifuly prestented and tasted fantastic (I ate most of the rice, it was so good), and we also ordered fried bananas with honey, which were also fabulous. My parents, who are not adventurous when it comes to eating, loved everything, and even ordered the deserts themselves (instead of me suggesting it). So overall, very nice experience, and very delicious and affordable meals.

• Visited June 2011

Kennedale, TX
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were recently in San Franscisco and met a friend at Osha for dinner. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about having Thai food. All I thought I knew of it was that it was spicy. This was not the case. There were spice dishes that I veered away from, but we had so many delicious ones.
The menu was a bit overwhelming...lots of choices, but we made several that the table shared and every one was as good as the next.
The staff was courtesous, swift and knowledgeable about the menu. The food came out hot and fresh and in a timely manner and the cocktails were wonderful.
If I lived there, I'd eat there once a month. When I return for a visit, I'll be sure to put it on my to-do list.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Aimee T
“Great service and electric atmosphere...”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Great service and electric atmosphere. Not for a quiet night out but for an enjoyable one. Food delish!

Midlands
“Great atmosphere and good staff”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The food was fine and value for money, but not the best thai food I have ever eaten.
I still had a great time though because the place was so alive - everyone seemed to be having so much fun it was infectious! The staff were helpful and they seemed to be genuinely pleased to be serving. I think it would be a great place to have a party but not for a quiet, romantic dinner for two.
The only negative was that our table was adjacent to a serving area, we didn't ask to be moved as when we were seated the restaurant was very full. I'd certainly go again, or to one of the other Osha restaurants in the city.

cleveland
“Great Thai food & fun at Osha Embarcadero”
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I had the best Tom Kha soup at Osha - get the mixed seafood. It's nearly filling enough for a meal! The place is beautifully decorated and perfectly dimmed lighting for a great dinner party or romantic evening. I ended up being here for business so I dined alone at the bar but the friendly Thai bartender kept me company!