“Real pleasure”

Victorian Home Walk
Ranked #65 of 300 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us in exploring Pacific Heights with its colorful Victorian row houses, famous mansions, and beautiful gardens. Learn the history of San Francisco through its architecture ! A great introduction into the local side of San Francisco. Established in 1996. EXCLUSIVE : Visit the inside of a period Queen Anne Victorian ! The walk is easy, the pace leisurely, and there are no hills to climb.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Last august, we were two couples from beautiful Montréal, Québec and as I was preparing our trip to SF, our 2 females were looking to visit victorian houses. I fund this tour on internet. Jay, the guide, was very easy going we all appreciated the tour. He spoke slowly so I can translate the informations to my fellows. If you go on vacation in SF, this is a must! Si vous allez à San Francisco, cette visite vaut la peine, le guide est d'une gentillesse et très informé sur les maisons victoriennes!

Claude de Laval

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I were the only ones on the tour we took in late November. What a treat to have a truly "private" tour! Jay was extremely knowledgeable of the city's history and the architectural styles in the city, as well as architecture in general. He had a prompt answer to every question we asked. A few days later, we took a bus tour and it was very superficial when compared to this tour.

victorianwalk, Manager at Victorian Home Walk, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Shirley, Thank you so much for taking our tour! I'm glad you had a great time. I'd just like to highlight that whether your the lone couple on the tour or in a small group, we do the tour every time you show up, so you don't have to deal with paying in advance or wondering whether they'll be enough people to do the tour, just show up before 10:55 and by 11 we'll be on our way!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was definitely a high light of a recent trip to San Francisco. Jay, our guide is extremely knowledgeable in regards to architectural styles, as well as general history of the city. The walk was easy - no steep hills to go up. I would recommend this to anyone interested in historical architecture and learning about the development of the Victorian home.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This tour is so worth it. My parents and I took the tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jay is easy-going and very knowledgeable about the houses and history. It's a different glimpse of the city than just doing bus tours.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Marilyn did a wonderful job showing us her part of San Francisco. She is very knowledgable. We learned a lot about the "painted ladies" of San Francisco ... And got s one great restaurant re of mendacious along the way ... Well done!