“Had a nice stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Had a nice stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Recently stayed for 2 weekend nights. The location was great for walking to shopping in Union Square and a little longer walk to the Bay Bridge. We had a nice room on the 12th floor with a view of Jessie Square. I requested a quiet location and we got a nice quiet room at the end of the floor. The room was plenty large and really enjoyed the floor to ceiling windows. We didn't spend much time in the room or at the hotel, but it suited us well for our stay. We did seem to have a leaky shower or tub though as every time the shower was used, the bathroom floor was pretty well flooded. Also, the bathroom was a pretty tight squeeze, but the generous size of the room made up for it and nothing bothered us enough to complain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Debey G, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
LSB906,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin San Francisco Market Street and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Thank you for bring the shower/tub to our attention and will follow up with our engineering team. Being well rested at The Westin is a priority of ours and glad you found that while exploring our city.

Safe Travels and Be Well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (710)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Was here on business and found this to be a neat hotel big in stature but felt cozy. A large bar area in lobby lends itself to seating to those staying at the hotel. The brunch on Sunday is nice, nothing out of the ordinary. The bar itself was a bit iffy on service. Wasn't great, wasn't bad...most likely would try another hotel. I was convenient of shopping if that is what you are looking to do.

Room Tip: Again, city hotel, not a viewers paradise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbi1526
SimoneSF, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Barbi1526,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very happy to read that you had an overall positive experience. I was disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations with our friendly service. I do hope we get the opportunity to serve you again. Be Well, Simone
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

3 night stay....beautiful land mark hotel, gracious staff and beautiful guest rooms. My room faced the park so it was abuzz with activities/music ect .... Which sometime went on late ... First night it was a sax player next night a bagpipe player and last night some sort of drummer . Easy to hop on a trolley car, bus or taxi .... Short although steep walk to china town... In the center of it all . Fun historical photos line the Lobby walls ...
Id definetely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Liz F
LizF,

Thank you kindly for your recommondation and for sharing your experience with others in the Tripadvisor community. San Francisco creates a wonder each night and are so glad that you got to experience it.

Safe Travels and Be Well!
La Jolla, California
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

While this is not the cheapest place to stay, the service is impeccable. From the front desk to valet (also pricey at 53+ a night) to room service, everything was as expected from a 4 star property. Close to all transportation and a quick walk uphill to Chinatown.

Debey G, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and am thrilled to share this with our staff. We will continue to bring great service to our guests and appreciate the review to share with others. Safe travels and Be Well.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2014

On arrival at the Westin hotel we were upgraded to an executive room which was nice of staff. However the key cards were not working and staff had to let every single guest into their rooms that night which added some delays in getting to our room. The hotel room was nice and clean and we had a great view of the city. It was in a great location and close to shops and restaurants. When we were leaving I received the bill which included a bill from the restaurant which I did not use during my stay. This was taken off our bill but no apology was offered from the staff member. Overall a nice stay at the Westin and I would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors of San Fran.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank darren1702
SimoneSF, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear darren1702,
Thank you for your very kind feedback overall. I truly apologize for the hiccup you experienced during your stay. I'm glad to hear though that we recovered and you were not inconvenienced. We do hope we can serve you again soon. Be Well, Simone
Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was not too bad location wise, and room was generally ok. With the reception I got, however, there was hardly any worth to being Platinum at (this) Westin: unlike the W's I visited recently in Hong Kong, London, Bali, there was not even a Welcome card from the GM; no small amenity to say 'we value your stay'; even the complimentary water bottles were not replaced. But perhaps I've been spoilt by similar gestures at other SPG properties. Another issue is, as the W chain has come up, Westin seems to struggle with being between Modern/Chic (like W) and Classy/Elegant (like the Sheraton chain), and here in San Fran, with TWO Westins in close order, this one seemed to take it easy. I doubt the suites were full, but that question was nonchalantly brushed aside when I checked in. Most amazingly, I was charged a US$15 'handling fee' for receiving some packages - the first hotel all week I was in the USA to charge a fee for doing this, and despite the explanation given to me that SF is 'unionised', I thought it would have been a simple enough thing to take it off for a Platinum guest; Four Seasons SAm Fran certainly didn't bother to charge me last I was there. All in all, not bad (and the restaurant Maso is good) - just not what I have come to expect as a Platinum guest

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank kkwek01
Dear kkwek01,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. Especially as one of our most valued guest, a SPG member, I'm very disappointed to hear that we failed you. We will work very hard in improving in the areas you mention. Hotels in Asia have a very high level of service and we will strive to match them. I do hope we get the opportunity to regain your confidence. It would be my pleasure to personally assist. Don't hesitate to contact me at sharms@westinsf.com. Be Well, Simone
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was happy with virtually everything at this hotel. Clean,comfortable, quiet and well-located. The room was good-sized with nice furnishings. The bed was the Westin "Heavenly Bed", and did not disappoint. Even the shower was very good. This is a convenient hotel for walking to Union Square, Chinatown, Financial District and the Embarcadero. When not walking, I opted for buses/trolleys/cable cars, and this location was close to numerous lines; I was able to find a line to anyplace I wanted to go. Even the BART stop is nearby, and I used BART to/from the airport. I would be happy to recommend this hotel, and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PoisonPrincess
Dear PoisonPrincess,
Thank you for choosing the Westin Market Street for your accommodation and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind ratings and do hope you come back soon for another "heavenly stay". Be Well, Simone