“Great location, good service- watch your bill!”

Park Central Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #63 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Clarita, California
“Great location, good service- watch your bill!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We really like Westin's consistent quality. This hotel has an attractive lobby, great bar area and very great location right off Market street. Rooms are spacious and views are nice. We were compensated the expensive wi-fi rates as Starwood guests, but at checkout we had been charged. This was corrected when I pointed it out. Parking is outrageously expensive, but the valet service is attentive. I did have to call when I got home to correct a late charge of more wi-fi that was not presented on the portfolio, but instead hit my credit card. Inconvenient, but they did take care of it. Would stay here again, but make sure the bill is reviewed.

Room Tip: Ask for a "bay view" and higher floors. Pretty breathtaking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scvgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We preferred the location of the Market St Westin as it was super close to everything yet the main entrance didn't open directly onto the busy street. The room wasn't huge but ample for us and 4 suitcases. The bathroom was ok as long as only one of us used it at a time (unless one in the shower and one at the vanity, then fine). In saying this, it was also the case on the 3 other hotels we stayed in too so wasn't just a 'Westin thing'. The room was lovely and clean. Beds are always good at the Westin.
The concierges in this hotel were wonderful. They gave us great advice on how to use the trams and buses and how long we would need to allow. Every restaurant they recommended were fantastic (some high end, some more local hang outs). They organised a rental car for us at the last moment - nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: We were on level 28 looking out towards the Bay Bridge and was lovely- obviously the higher the bett...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Westinn on Market street for several days to attend a conference. The room we shared had a nice view from a high floor. It was spacious and pretty and provided lots of outlets for all our Apple products. When there were minor issues to be resolved, they were, such as dim lightbulbs and a clogged showerhead. I highly recommend the restaurant located on the ground floor. Although it was too cool to dine outdoors, we had an excellent meal that was both nutritious and delicious. Everyone was extremely pleasant and accommodating. I would say that I was disappointed by the small bathroom that was less appealing than the rest of the room. I was also disappointed by the poor quality of the printing services when I needed PowerPoint slides fast. Convenient to print at midnight, but outrageously priced. Got better service at the Office Depot across the street in the morning.

Green Features: Green room practices were available but housekeeping is a good part of the reason I stay in luxury hotels, so I don't really get the point.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I go to San Francisco 1-2 times a year for business, and I stayed in this hotel about 3 years ago. I am a higher status Hilton member than Starwood, so that is my usual preference, but I am pregnant and this hotel was an easier walk to my daily destination.

I arrived about 11 pm after a delayed flight and was originally placed on the 4th floor. I did not realize my floor # was a 4, not 40, until I was on the elevator, as I always request a high floor. Exhausted, I just went to the room. It felt like I was in a basement and had a lovely view of a roof, but I thought it better than being directly on the street and getting lots of street noise. Unfortunately, all of the noise came form the inside of the hotel. Every time someone walked down the hall the door rattled SO loudly. I was on the same floor as the workout room, so starting at 5 am, this noise was non stop, so I was up for the day after 5 hours sleep.

I requested a room change, and did get a much better room for my 2nd night. t was on the 17th floor and very quiet. They actually even moved my bag for me, while I was gone all day, and that was nice.

I went to have breakfast in the hotel, but they were doing LOUD construction in the bar area, and I was not going to spend $30 on a breakfast with banging and drilling going on so I found a starbucks.

I had a steak sandwich in the bar area for an early dinner, and while the french fries were fantastic the sandwich was really tough and inedible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Simonesf, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Sheila545,
Thank you for sharing your experience and providing us with feedback. First of all, I would like to extend our best wishes to you having a baby. I was very disturbed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience at the hotel and that worst of all it was caused by our staff creating unnecessary noise. Regarding our restaurant, I'm pleased to let you know that we opened our brand new MaSo restaurant. I truly would learn more details regarding your stay and compensate you for not having a renewing experience with us. Please contact me at your convenience at sharms@westinsf.com. I do hope we get the opportunity to regain your confidence. Thanks, Simone
Greenfield, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

very clean hotel

good views of the city

big shower head!

FREE COFFEE

nice friendly staff

quite for being next to the airport

right off the freeway

lots of places to eat near by

I AM STAYING HERE NEXT TIME IM IN TOWN

20 DOLLAR PARKING

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had never been to San Francisco but I wanted a nice hotel without having to pay for the Fisherman's Wharf name. The Westin Market Street was just far enough away from all the tourist trap of the Wharf but close enough to the action to walk just about where ever we wanted to go. The hotel staff was eager to help when the room we were in was not what we had hoped for. They didn't ask question, just made it right. Gina, the Concierge, was a blessing to us. She made sure we went to the right restaurants, didn't get sucked into the tourist traps, and made our trip a success. I highly recommend the Westin Market Street.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great view of SF
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was so happy when I arrived in the hotel, the exterior looks good and everybody was so friendly... but unfortunately my good impression did not last long.........

First... I found lots of hair in the closet... and I am very sure that those hairs were not mine, they do not match with my hair colour at all.

Second.... at around 2.15-2.30 AM in the morning there was an unpleasing wake up from false fire alarm - I don't mind with this alarm because I need to wake up and check out anyway, but there was no apologize from the staff in the check out counter at all.

Third.. I requested to have a morning call at 3.00 AM twice, but guess what there was no morning call at all, instead I have got a false fire alarm morning call half an hour earlier. I asked the reception and he said (judging from his appearance and uncomb hair, he definitely just wake up.... and he blamed other staff that wrongly noted a morning call time) and no apologize at all.

Well, my wife highly recommended this hotel but unfortunately it far worse than what she told me. I guess the quality of Westin service has dropped since my wife last visit. By the way.. i cancelled my next stay in Westin and I choose another hotel nearby.

What a pity....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Vincent,
Thank you for writing a review and providing us with your feedback. I'm truly sorry that your stay was ruined by a fire alarm in the hotel. However, the safety and security of our guests is the most important thing and sometimes if an alarm is being tripped by another occupant of the hotel it is not within our control but to investigate and take the necessary step until we determine that everything is safe. I do wish you would give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel as we strive very hard to exceed every customer expectations. Please let me know if you would allow me to personally handle your room reservations next time. It would be my pleasure to help. Please contact me at your convenience at sharms@westinsf.com. Be Well, Simone