“Sheraton with a Westin Nameplate”

Park Central Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #61 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Sheraton with a Westin Nameplate”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The only reason for staying at this property is location, location, location. We stayed one night on business and chose this property due to location and thinking it would be a nice upgrade being a Westin.

However, check in was very slow (Gold line was just a regular line) as if the computers were locked. The rooms are Sheraton rooms with tub showers and Chinese amenities in the bathtub. The fitness center located on the 4th floor is way too small for the size of the hotel. There are no locker rooms or any relaxation areas (surely no sauna or steam). No pool.

The restaurant is newly opened, did not go. This is certainly not a place to bring kids. This is a strictly business hotel doing business because of its location.

Room Tip: If you are not Starwood Gold or above, prepare to pay a lot of internet access and bottled water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LGspartan
Simonesf, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear LGspartan,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I was disappointed to hear that you did not feel renewed and refreshed the Westin way after your stay with us. I do appreciate your comments and I do hope you will visit us again. Be Well, Simone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at the Westin before heading to Napa for Memorial Day Weekend. My boyfriend and I picked the Westin because it seemed like a fair price considering the weekend and the location of the hotel. I even called before we booked to ask whether or not the hotel provided free parking for guests and was told by the concierge that guests parked free. With this info we decided to book a night here.

However, when we arrived for our one night stay with our rental car the parking attendants said that it would be $50.00 plus tax per night to park at the hotel. I get that San Fran is expensive but $50 a night is outrageous especially when you do your due diligence to inquire about the parking before your arrival. I'm very angry about being lied to by the concierge and will be bringing my business elsewhere.

For the price and parking situation at this hotel there are much better places to stay in San Fran.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim H
Simonesf, Manager at Park Central Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Kim,
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm truly sorry and would like to apologize to you about the miscommunication by our staff in regards to our Valet parking pricing. Please contact me directly at sharms@westinsf.com so I can clarify this for you. We do strive to create memorable experiences for all our guests but not in the way you remember us and I would like to rectify that. I do hope you will allow us to serve you again. I hope to hear from you. Simone H.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

To put it simple there is much better value out there. For the long version see below

It's a mix of building issue and service. You would think in the building is already not the best then service would be making up for it. Here a couple of issue why I won't come back to this SPG hotel.

1. Check-in room was half stocked (mini bar, robes, slippers etc)
2. SPG counter had an employee working that really didn't want to be there.
2. Next day cleaning didn't happen. We were out from 7AM-4PM and came back to a dirty room
3. Heavenly showers - there is nothing heavenly. Very low water pressure along with issues adjusting temperature. Either get burned or shower cold.

Altogether a very mediocre experience. Guess it's all about checking business people in and out quickly with not much attention to detail. For the money we'v paid it was just NOT a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Torsten K
Dear Torsten,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize to you for all the inconveniences you encountered and would like to get in touch to ensure we rectify the maintenance issues of low water pressure you mention. I'm sorry that you did not receive any service as it sounds as if you opted into our "Make a green choice program". Please contact me at sharms@westinsf.com so I can learn more about your challenges and have the opportunity to make positive changes. I look forward hearing from you. Simone H.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Westin Hotel is a centrally located Hotel in the middle of San Francisco. Walking distance to all the major department stores eg, Macys, Nordstrom, Ross. Good Hotel for a short stay or conference venue. Food was good and the service was good.

The cleanliness of the rooms was exceptional and the staff were always willing to oblige.

Green Features: The Westin Hotel had very good environmentally-friendly practices in place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Connie842
Dear Connie,
Thank you so much for staying with us and your wonderful review. I was a bit confused on why you rated us only a 3 with such a wonderful review but I appreciate the kind words and am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon. Be Well, Simone
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from a five day stay at this hotel. My boyfriend participated in a conference held in this hotel. We had a room on the 28th floor with an awesome view of the bay and downtown. Sara at the front desk was so friendly and welcoming!!! The valet made us feel like we were at home. The luggage valet were better than the concierges in making sure you went to the best restaurants and providing directions. I approached Tina at the concierge desk and said hello and she just stared at me. I asked a question about finding a restaurant for an hour and a half lunch. She looked at me and said she didn't understand what I was asking. We finally got it together, and she made a reservation or me, gave me the directions and that was it. She didn't say, have a good time, I hope you enjoy it, let me know if it worked for you, etc. Needless to say, I took he rest of my questions to the reservation counter, but did ask for the guest services manager, Curtis, to let him know of my experience. Curtis was apologetic and made me feel like her behavior was agreeably unacceptable. When we arrived in our room, Curtis and Sarah had sent up champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate and bottled water. Thank you Curtis and Sarah for making this wrong, right. Last year we stayed at the Cliff during this conference. This year we wanted more convenience, so we stayed where the conference was being held. We will probably return next year, and because of you two, and the valet and luggage guys, we will most likely stay here again.

Room Tip: We loved the 28th floor!
Green Features: Loved the Eco friendly practices!! We opted to not have our room cleaned for the entire stay, so we old receive the Starwood points instead!!!! People who opt for this choice should receive more towels (I found housekeeping to ask for more)! Great hotel!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jnherring
South Pasadena, California, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

this is an amazing hotel with perfect location, close to all the public transportation outlets so its easy to get by in the city. walking distance from a lot of cool hangouts and union square. Its especially cool if you are a Starwood member, we got upgraded to the 30th floor with an amazing room with view to the south

Room Tip: ask for the highest floor you can get
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ittais
Clovis, California, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was a little snafu upon check in, my room was still occupied, but they quickly fixed it with an upgrade that including a great view of the city, bay, and AT&T Park, which is why we came to San Francisco, the Giants game. The location is walking distance to the ball park and dining areas.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a higher level floor if you don't mind the extra charge. The view is w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends